Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

New PC cannot run AMT software

demmett
Beginner

Hi,

I have several new Dell Optiplex 755 PCs that I am creating an image for. AMT starts and runs on the factory installed XP SP2 but when XP SP2 is installed on newly formatted hard drive, errors occur when thesystemdrivers are installed both from the Dell website or from the specific resource CD that shipped with the PC. The three drivers that I install are detected by a system scan initiated by the resource CD and comprise of:

Intel AMT HECI Rev: A00

Intel AMT SOL/LMS Rev: A00

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility Rev: A19

The error occurs at the installation of the SOL/LMS drivers and says: Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT) Status: Disabled. Dell have no idea how to help. AMT is enabled in the AMT Bios. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

You have mentioned that AMT is enabled in BIOS, can you let us know if it was provisioned? There are two steps in configuring the BIOS. In teh first step you have to chose a manageability solution whether it is AMT or ASF or NONE, all these options depends on the OEM and BIOS vendor implementations. Once a manageablitiy solution is chosen, you need to configure it. In case of AMT, you need to provision it in either small medium business mode or enterprise mode.

If AMT is just enabled and not provisioned, the status message displayed in the host OS is correct. Please provision the AMT system and observe the status message in the host OS. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos