Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

New preview of Intel AMT SCS 6.0 available

Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Sprint 3 of the Intel AMT Setup and Configuration Service 6.0 is now available and you can read a blog post onit here.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Calvin
I tried the package but got some problems.

The PSK import feature in SCS LW 6.0 seems not working. I created a setup.bin from DTK then import to SCS and an error message show up. I tried to use setup.bin created by SCS itself to avoid USB file version issues, but it failed also. The duplicate steps are listed below.

install SCS->Add Key->export key to setup.bin->reinstall SCS->import key from setup.bin->it shows "Error in parameter: NumInstances"

(I reinstall SCS to avoid issues if SCS doesnt allow import existing key.)

Two other question,
Is there a way to personally key in customized PID/PPS except using "create" or "import"?
When will the source code ready for release?

I used SCS lightweight 6.0.16.24 for this test,
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-intel-AMT-SCS-technology-preview/

Hi - One thing I noticed with the SCS Lite's way of using the PID/PPS keys is that if you create a bunch of keys and then import one or some to your key, it always uses the PID/PPS pair that is on the top of this list (the keys are shown in the Console GUI.) You can choose to see what password is associated with the key - verify that it contains the password that will successfully log into your MEBx upon a boot up. Last time I checked, the SCS Lite also did not mark keys as used so it would always use the same key (this has been reported as a bug.)

When I was testing it, I was able to open the setup.bin file and see what passwords the key was using - that's how I was verifying that it was using the first pair on the list. I also found that if you create the key at the same time as writing it to the USB key (rather than importing pairs to the Key separartely) it would use the pair that you would be expecting it to use. I don't know if the setup.bin file that the DTK creates is compatible - I haven't tried this yet. I suspect the error you are seeing is because of differences in how the DTK is creating the setup.bin file and how the SCS service expects it to be.

You can manually enter the PID/PPS pair in the MEBx menus - you need to set up the host name, use DHCP, and you need to identify your provisioning server's IP address. The PID PPS pair would also need to be stored in your
SCS service (whether you are using the SCS or the DTK or a different tool.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Calvin_S_Intel
Employee

The PSK import feature in SCS LW 6.0 seems not working. I created a setup.bin from DTK then import to SCS and an error message show up. I tried to use setup.bin created by SCS itself to avoid USB file version issues, but it failed also. The duplicate steps are listed below.

install SCS->Add Key->export key to setup.bin->reinstall SCS->import key from setup.bin->it shows "Error in parameter: NumInstances"

Two other question,
Is there a way to personally key in customized PID/PPS except using "create" or "import"?

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-intel-AMT-SCS-technology-preview/
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Calvin

Two other question,

Hi - One thing I noticed with the SCS Lite's way of using the PID/PPS keys is that if you create a bunch of keys and then import one or some to your key, it always uses the PID/PPS pair that is on the top of this list (the keys are shown in the Console GUI.) You can choose to see what password is associated with the key - verify that it contains the password that will successfully log into your MEBx upon a boot up. Last time I checked, the SCS Lite also did not mark keys as used so it would always use the same key (this has been reported as a bug.)

When I was testing it, I was able to open the setup.bin file and see what passwords the key was using - that's how I was verifying that it was using the first pair on the list. I also found that if you create the key at the same time as writing it to the USB key (rather than importing pairs to the Key separartely) it would use the pair that you would be expecting it to use. I don't know if the setup.bin file that the DTK creates is compatible - I haven't tried this yet. I suspect the error you are seeing is because of differences in how the DTK is creating the setup.bin file and how the SCS service expects it to be.

You can manually enter the PID/PPS pair in the MEBx menus - you need to set up the host name, use DHCP, and you need to identify your provisioning server's IP address. The PID PPS pair would also need to be stored in your
SCS service (whether you are using the SCS or the DTK or a different tool.)

0 Kudos