Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Not getting event for Chassis Intrusion

MPala11
New Contributor II

Hi All,
I'm not receiving the chassis intrusion events in Intel manageability commander tool andweb interface(http://ipaddress:16992). I have the following settings in bios
Security->Chassis Intrusion - Log Only
In Bios, event log for chassis intrusion was logged under configuration
Bios->Configuration->Event log
Chassis Intrusion(5)
(5)- No of chassis intrusion happened. Everytime this number is increasing in BIOS and i'm not getting any event in AMT(Manageabilty commander tool and web interface). I'm also getting warning message as chassis intrusion detected while booting up the system, but no event in AMT.
I tried alert subscription in Intel manageability commander tool also, no events are coming related to Chassis intrusion(getting other events).I checked the event log in intel manageability commander tooland through web interface(http://ipaddress:16992) for chassis intrusion, but no logs related to chassis intrusion
Do i need to enable anyother option for receiving chassis intrusion.
I tried this in AMT version 6.1.1-build 1045 and board is Intel Desktop Board DQ57TM.
Can anyone tell me the steps to receive chassis intrusion events

Thanks,
Mani

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
Hi Mani-

I'm assuming you want to utilize SNMP andIPMI PETs. In this case the basics are... you need to create a filter for the PET you are interested in, configure the filter so that analert is sent, and finallyhaveor create a "Subscriber"for the alert.

For your particular systems you will need to determine what filters are in place (if any) and how they are configured. TheIntel AMT SDK discusses eventing and describes how to create a filter and a subscriber. You may have to consult the IPMI PET Format Specification for some required information (example: sensor type and sensor number).

FYI - The SDK also discusses an alternative eventing paradigm called WS-Eventing

If you need it, the latest SDK can be obtained from:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk/

-RB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quick question, when are the chassis events being generated? Is the system in a powered down state?
0 Kudos
MPala11
New Contributor II
Hi Andrew,

Chassis events are generated in Bios event log and i'm getting warning while booting up the system(Chassis intrusion detected warning..)

I tried following scenarios
1. Removed power cable and then removed the chassis cover. Chassis intrusion events are generated in Bios event log and i'm not getting any event log in AMT (checked through Manageability commander tool and intel AMT WEB UI)

2. Shut down the OS and AMT is in on state(Power policy: Desktop: ON in S0, ME Wake in S3, S4-5). Removed the chassis cover. Chassis intrusion events are generated in Bios event log and i'm not getting any event log in AMT (checked through Manageability commander tool and intel AMT WEB UI)

Am I doing right steps for gettingChassis intrusion event log in AMT?

Can you explain the steps for gettingChassis intrusion event in AMT

Thanks,
Mani
0 Kudos
MPala11
New Contributor II
Hi Andrew,
I'm getting chassis intrusion in AMT event log for AMT version 5.x, but not in AMT 6.X.
And also not getting alert for chassis intrusion in AMT 5.x
Ony difference between AMT 5.X and AMT 6.X in Manageability commander tool is audit log menu was coming in 5.X and not in 6.X.
I would like to send an alert for chassis intrusion
Can you explain the steps for sending alert for chassis intrusion

Thanks,
Mani
0 Kudos
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
Hi Mani-

I'm assuming you want to utilize SNMP andIPMI PETs. In this case the basics are... you need to create a filter for the PET you are interested in, configure the filter so that analert is sent, and finallyhaveor create a "Subscriber"for the alert.

For your particular systems you will need to determine what filters are in place (if any) and how they are configured. TheIntel AMT SDK discusses eventing and describes how to create a filter and a subscriber. You may have to consult the IPMI PET Format Specification for some required information (example: sensor type and sensor number).

FYI - The SDK also discusses an alternative eventing paradigm called WS-Eventing

If you need it, the latest SDK can be obtained from:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk/

-RB
0 Kudos