Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Outpost Tool cannot connect MEI

mvolpi11
Beginner
Hi, I have the Outpost tool installed in a DQ67EP PC, already configured, but cannot connect to itself.
Bios, version 53, the latest
MEI, 7.1.13.10188, the latest
Outpost tool v7.0.11161.2
Thanks in advance for your support.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi mvolpi11,
How interesting that you have the DQ67EP board. I just took a look at the specs, nice! Now for your question. Please clarify things a bit for me. Your system is configured (enabled) for AMT, is that what you are saying? But the Outpost tool cannot connect to the system? Any information youcan give us will help us diagnose the problem.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi mvolpi11,
A couple of other questions for you. Most of the time when the Outpost tool doesn't connect, it means that something wasn't set up correctly in the provisioning.Can the remote console / commander connect to the system failing outposts ME? If all of that is correct, then the certificate and password would be the next areas to look at.

Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
I do want to note that Outpost required the Intel LMS service to be running in addition to the MEI driver. Just check it's the case. If you run Outpost as administrator, you can select "ME Information..." in the menu and Output will pull information from the MEI driver, but generally speaking most of the features use LMS.

Ylian
0 Kudos