Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Problem Using Director

alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi,

When I launch AMT Director, it appears an error message and it says " Exception error logged in: C:Archivos de programaManageability Open SourceManageability Developer Tool KitExceptions-Director.txt"

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
28 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
What does it say in the Exceptions-Director.txt file? It should be helpful in figuring out what happened.
0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
In the log file :

********** 16/09/2008 13:44:56
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: ndice fuera de los lmites de la matriz.
en System.Windows.Forms.ImageList.ImageCollection.SetKeyName(Int32 index, String name)
en ManageabilityDirectorTool.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
en ManageabilityDirectorTool.MainForm..ctor(String[] args)
en ManageabilityDirectorTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

I am using Windows XP Prof SP2

Thanks
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
So this occurs every time you start the director? And does the director still come up, or does it crash after this exception?
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Have you installed Microsoft Windows .Net 2.0 on your system? Manageability DTK runs on the .Net environment and requires this for functioning.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi,

I have installed .Net 2.0 and the other applications form the DTK work properly...but the Director gives me that error each time I try to launch it. When I click the start button of the Director, an error message appears in Windows saying: "Error occurred, logged in C:etc,etc . Please send an email to saintilaire"
I cant see how is the window of the Director because it doesnt start, directly appears that error message

I hope anyone can help me...I sent an email to ylian but He hasnt answered me and I would like to be able to work with Director

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

We are working on this. Will get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi,

Thanks a lot.

I wish there was a solution to my problem

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

In the meantime, there might be a couple of other things you can try to attempt to fix the problem. First would be to uninstall and reinstall the DTK. It's not too likely that this will solve the problem, but it should be very straightforward and take minimal time.

A second option is available if you have another machine with the .Net 2.0 framework available. If you have another machine available, you can try putting the DTK on that machine and see if the same problem occurs. The combination of problems you're seeing (that Commander works, but Director doesn't) is fairly unique, it's possible there's something installed on the machine that is interacting with Director.

Andy

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answers.

I had already tried those things...and re-installing doesnt work. I tried to install the DTK in the AMT machine, and I have the same problem...commander works, but director doesnt. I have the same Windows version in both machines

Waiting for a solution jeje

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Alberto... I have to ask. What is a "Jeje?"
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Alberto - in one of your other posts, you said that you attached the log files that have all the errors listed in them into this thread. I am not seeing any attachments. Could you please attach the file again so that we can look at it? Also I need to look back through this thread to see if you already let us know and if not, you will need to post the following info: What version of the Director are you running? Did you install the corresponding verion of the AMT Commander? Did you install the .Net Framework? What system are you trying to run it on? What OS are you running? Again, if you already posted this information, then just disregard - I just can't see the whole thread from this window.

One more thing: Are you running the Director exe from the "C:Program FilesIntelIntel AMT Developer Tool Kit" folder, or did you move it somewhere? You will need to make sure all the dll files are in the directory where you are running it from.

Also, please keep your Directorquestions in this thread in order to make helping you a little less confusing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Hi,

1.- Log File:

********** 16/09/2008 13:44:56
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: ndice fuera de los lmites de la matriz.
en System.Windows.Forms.ImageList.ImageCollection.SetKeyName(Int32 index, String name)
en ManageabilityDirectorTool.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
en ManageabilityDirectorTool.MainForm..ctor(String[] args)
en ManageabilityDirectorTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

"Indice fuera de los limites de la matriz" means "Index exceeds matrix dimensions"

2.- I am using DTK v0.54 and all the programs works properly but Director.

3.- I have installed .Net v3.5 (Instead of that version I also tried to install v2.0 or v3.0 but it didnt work)

4.- I am using Windows XP Pro SP2, and I have tried DTK in two machines (Dual Core and Pentium IV) and it didnt work in any of these machines (both machines had the same version of Windows)

5.- I have tried to run Director from the Start Menu/Programs...and directly from the directory where it is installed...and I get the same error

I hope all this info was helpful for you to help me

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi,

I'm wondering about your version of the Windows .Net Framework. The readme file for the DTK states that it requires the Windows 2.0 .NET Framework. It wouldn't surprise me if this is your problem. Before we can really help you further we need to make sure your system has all of the right software loaded on it.

Are you saying in #3 that you had version 2.0 installed at one point and the Director was still not working, or that you couldn't install version 2.0 at all? If this is the case, it sounds like you have something going on with your system that is preventing you from installing 2.0 and you will most likely need to resolve that issue.

As I have never had problems running either the Commander or the Director with having the version 2.0 of the .NET framework, I am tending to think that this may be your problem.

I hope this helps (we have sent your question to the folks that actually know more about the Director and are waiting for their response as well - but we also need to make sure your operating environment is correct.)

0 Kudos
TIMOTHY_D_Intel
Employee
Hi,
Our team has taken over support for Director and other tools in the DTK. I've been on the road this week but am in office today and will attempt to replicatethis failure and discover the cause.

Tim
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Alberto,

It's clear that error is due to an out of range matrix access &according to error it's about an image collection;I have got this error in windows forms apps when application config file does not meet the rigth parameters so I think It's convenience You get a new copy of Director and reinstall it after doing a complete cleaning (delete installation folders, reset & so son).

I hope this helps,

Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner

Hi,

I'm wondering about your version of the Windows .Net Framework. The readme file for the DTK states that it requires the Windows 2.0 .NET Framework. It wouldn't surprise me if this is your problem. Before we can really help you further we need to make sure your system has all of the right software loaded on it.

Are you saying in #3 that you had version 2.0 installed at one point and the Director was still not working, or that you couldn't install version 2.0 at all? If this is the case, it sounds like you have something going on with your system that is preventing you from installing 2.0 and you will most likely need to resolve that issue.

As I have never had problems running either the Commander or the Director with having the version 2.0 of the .NET framework, I am tending to think that this may be your problem.

I hope this helps (we have sent your question to the folks that actually know more about the Director and are waiting for their response as well - but we also need to make sure your operating environment is correct.)

Hi,

First time I installed DTK, I had installed .NET 3.5 and I thought it was the cause of the failure.

So I installed .NET 2.0, but it didnt work. I think it is not problem of .NET because I have tried all the possible versions of .NET and it doesnt work with none of them...and I have tried in two different machines (one dual core and the other pentium IV, both with the same OS version).

Thanks
0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

It's clear that error is due to an out of range matrix access &according to error it's about an image collection;I have got this error in windows forms apps when application config file does not meet the rigth parameters so I think It's convenience You get a new copy of Director and reinstall it after doing a complete cleaning (delete installation folders, reset & so son).

I hope this helps,

Javier Andrs

Hi,

I tried to re-install everything, cleaning folders and regs, but it didnt work. In fact, it was the first thing I tried.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Quoting - alberto_sagan

Hello Alberto,

I hope this helps,

Javier Andrs

Hi,

I tried to re-install everything, cleaning folders and regs, but it didnt work. In fact, it was the first thing I tried.

Thanks

Alberto - Javier is suggesting to actually go into the files and delete them as well as doing the "uninstall". It sounds like there is a file sticking around that is not compatible to the versions of the software that you are running. Have you tried installing the .NET framework 2.0 version and the DTK on a fresh system and trying to run it from there?

If I were you I would do the following: uninstall the 3.5 version of the .NET framework AND uninstall your DTK installation. Then I would go to the physical folders and delete them. After that I would reboot in case there is something left over in the Registry that corrupts your new installations. After rebooting I would install the 2.0 Version of the .NET framework (because this is the version that the Readme file says is compatible) and then I would re-install the DTK.

Or I would try it on a fresh system and see if I have the same errors.
0 Kudos
Brett_M_Intel
Employee
Quoting - alberto_sagan
Hi,

When I launch AMT Director, it appears an error message and it says " Exception error logged in: C:Archivos de programaManageability Open SourceManageability Developer Tool KitExceptions-Director.txt"

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

To the original poster:

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I see that you have another recent post regarding Director where you were presumably able to launch and use it. Therefore, I would assume that you have managed to fix or otherwise move past this issue. In order for us to close this issue, I would like to know if you are still experience an issue with Director throwing an exception upon launch.

Thanks,
- Brett McKown

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner

To the original poster:

Have you been able to resolve this issue? I see that you have another recent post regarding Director where you were presumably able to launch and use it. Therefore, I would assume that you have managed to fix or otherwise move past this issue. In order for us to close this issue, I would like to know if you are still experience an issue with Director throwing an exception upon launch.

Thanks,
- Brett McKown

I still have the same problem using Director in v0.54 and v0.60...but one friend sent me v0.48 and this version works properly.

However, I would like to use latest versions...so I still have the problem

Thanks

0 Kudos