Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SOL issue

joey-dong
Beginner
Hi,
When I try to using AMTRedirection.exe(in AMT SDK) to force the SUT(System under test) to boot to BIOS setup,I gotan error message "SOL session closed".Checking MCSOL.cpp(SDK\Windows\Intel_AMT\Samples\Redirection\AMTRedirection),just found the the following snippet

void MCSOL::run ()
{
BYTE sol_data[MAX_SOL_MESSAGE];
int len;
BOOL more = FALSE;

int iReturn = 0; // Return value of recv function
char szClientA[MAX_SOL_MESSAGE]; // ASCII string
fd_setrset;
FD_ZERO(&rset);
//timeout every second
//in order to check the exit flag
struct timeval tv;
tv.tv_sec =0;
tv.tv_usec =10;
struct sockaddr_in remote_addr;

do {

//Poll the SDKLIB for incoming data
do{
len = MAX_SOL_MESSAGE;
memset (sol_data, 0x0, MAX_SOL_MESSAGE);
IMRResult res = IMR_SOLReceiveText(_activeClient, sol_data, &len);// retrieve stored SOL text from SDK
if(res != IMR_RES_OK){
string messg = _T("SOL Session closed. ");
messg += resultToString(res);
MessageBox (NULL, messg.c_str(), TEXT("Client"), MB_OK | MB_SYSTEMMODAL);
_exitThread = true;
break;
}
if (len > 0){
//Send the buffer to the HT
if(!_sendDataToHT(sol_data,len)){
_exitThread = true;
break;
}
}
}while (len);

The reason may be res != IMR_RES_OK.
Then I use RC Console to force SUT to boot to BIOS setup,the SUT restarts immediately and boots to BIOS setup.
I want to knowwhat causes the issue,and the differences between the two tools toimplement the function.
Any help would appreciate.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
It's possible that it's failing when it first tried to establish the connection, instead of failing during the ongoing SOL communications (although the fact that you are able to boot to BIOS with a different tool makes that less likely).

By RC Console, do you mean the Manageability Commander in the DTK? If so, I assume you're using the most recent version (likewise for the AMT SDK).

Also, could you tell me a little more about the AMT system you are using? Things like the version of AMT, and version of the MEI driver. This tool might be useful to get that information, if you aren't sure how to get it: http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2008/10/03/iamt-scan-custom-inventory-helps-with-enterprise-activations
0 Kudos
joey-dong
Beginner
It's possible that it's failing when it first tried to establish the connection, instead of failing during the ongoing SOL communications (although the fact that you are able to boot to BIOS with a different tool makes that less likely).

By RC Console, do you mean the Manageability Commander in the DTK? If so, I assume you're using the most recent version (likewise for the AMT SDK).

Also, could you tell me a little more about the AMT system you are using? Things like the version of AMT, and version of the MEI driver. This tool might be useful to get that information, if you aren't sure how to get it: http://communities.intel.com/community/openportit/vproexpert/blog/2008/10/03/iamt-scan-custom-inventory-helps-with-enterprise-activations

Thanks for your reply.
Version of AMT:6.0
ME FW:6.0.0.1161
Version of MEI driver:6.0.0.1161
The Platform:Q57
CPU:lynnfield.

RC Console is a tool just like remote conctrol in SDK.
I have used the Manageability Commander to test the functions,it failed also.

0 Kudos