Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND Problem.

Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner
While running the Discovery project(which discover Intel AMT devices in a network and how to obtains information about them) from Intel AMT SDK sample in visual studio i get this.

Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exception was thrown during process load

Can anyone lead me to the solution, What library i'm missing?

Thanks
Ashish.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner
Nevermind, I build in release mode and it execute...

P.S
But what makes it to run in release mode, if someone know it pleas throw light

Thanks
Ashish
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan
Nevermind, I build in release mode and it execute...

P.S
But what makes it to run in release mode, if someone know it pleas throw light

Thanks
Ashish

Hi Ashish,
The release build and the Debug build use different DLLs (the debug one has symbols for debugging) and the release DLL is already available in your path during execution.
0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner

Hi Ashish,
The release build and the Debug build use different DLLs (the debug one has symbols for debugging) and the release DLL is already available in your path during execution.

Sorry if i sound stupid, But how do i overcome this situation, I checked that all the libraries are properly linked or am i mssing something very general.

Thanks
Ashish.
0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner
Okay i copied "StatusStrings.dll" to system32 folder and it works, But it doesn't work when i mention the path of "StatusStrings.dll" in VC++ directories.. Anybody facing same problem?
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan
Okay i copied "StatusStrings.dll" to system32 folder and it works, But it doesn't work when i mention the path of "StatusStrings.dll" in VC++ directories.. Anybody facing same problem?

Sounds like an issue with how you are setting the path in Visual Studio. Please take a look at in the Visual Studio help files.
0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner

Sounds like an issue with how you are setting the path in Visual Studio. Please take a look at in the Visual Studio help files.

Yes that was the problem, I defined all the environmental and system variables once again and re-changed the settings in visual studio, Now it works :)

Thanks
Ashish
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan

Yes that was the problem, I defined all the environmental and system variables once again and re-changed the settings in visual studio, Now it works :)

Thanks
Ashish

Great! I'm glad it is working for you now.
0 Kudos