Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Use of Certificate in 3PD storage sample.

nil123
Beginner

Hi ,

I want to use storage sample using Certificate.

How do i use that?

what are the steps i need to perform related to security certificate?

Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I
Hi,
If I want to secure the communication for storage API what changes I need to do in code?
Thanks & Regards,
Amit.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

I just need to ask a few questions to make sure I understand what you're trying to do. First, you're using the StorageLib sample in the SDK, correct? Second, when you mention using Certificates, do you mean you want to have a secure connection to AMT (over https) for storing information in the 3PDS?

0 Kudos
nil123
Beginner
Quoting - Andrew Schiestl

I just need to ask a few questions to make sure I understand what you're trying to do. First, you're using the StorageLib sample in the SDK, correct? Second, when you mention using Certificates, do you mean you want to have a secure connection to AMT (over https) for storing information in the 3PDS?

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reply. Yes, you are right.

i want to use StorageSamples provided in SDK 3.0.2 for read/write data on AMT machine from a remote machine.

i want to use certificate while running this sample. How do i use it?

means does i need to create any certificate on AMT machine? or on any remote machine from where i want to read/write data on AMT device?

what are the steps for running the same?

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I
Hi,
If I want to secure the communication for storage API what changes I need to do in code?
Thanks & Regards,
Amit.

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,

It depends on how you have configured your AMT system - If you are in the SMB mode, you can secure the coomunication for storage API using Digest Authentication and if you are in Enterprise/TLS mode, you can use Server/Mutual authentication.

Please go through the Storage Design guide in the SDK.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
nirmalr
Beginner
Hi,

It depends on how you have configured your AMT system - If you are in the SMB mode, you can secure the coomunication for storage API using Digest Authentication and if you are in Enterprise/TLS mode, you can use Server/Mutual authentication.

Please go through the Storage Design guide in the SDK.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi Sree,
we are running into issues when trying to communicate to 3PDS from the local box over TLS but successful from remote. Can you please point us to what might be the issue? We are getting network error (based on teh error code mapping in the header file). Any info will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Nirmal R.
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - nirmalr

Hi Sree,
we are running into issues when trying to communicate to 3PDS from the local box over TLS but successful from remote. Can you please point us to what might be the issue? We are getting network error (based on teh error code mapping in the header file). Any info will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Nirmal R.

Does the user that's running the program on the local box have the appropriate certificate to use TLS in that user's certificate store? I'm assuming that the remote machine that's calling 3PDS remotely does, depending on howthe machine was provisioned it should be there.

Andy
0 Kudos