Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Watchdog policy problem

postaquestion
Beginner
If the actions for a watchdog are set - ANY(old) to RUNNING(new) = deactivate watchdog policy - RUNNING(old) to ANY(new) = activate policy, the actions are rejected with 0x24 - invalid parms. If the actions are set - ANY(old) to RUNNING(new) = deactivate - RUNNING(old) to NOT_STARTED | EXPIRED | STOPPED | SUSPENDED(new) = activate, the actions are accepted. Why?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, I just tried it using the DTK and you are exactly right. I have not explaination for this, the Intel AMT team may know and so, I will forward your question to them.

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi again, here is the answer I got from the engineering team.

- We cant enter the same transition with different action. Any = 255 so 255 include the Running (4) state. So we cant send the command: Any (255) ( that include Running (4) ) old state to Running (4) -> deactivate and Running (4) old state to Any (255) ( that include Running (4) ) -> active policy. It like Running (4) old state to Running (4) -> deactivate and Running (4) old state to Running (4) -> active policy

This is great, since I did not know the answer myself.

0 Kudos