Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

We do need source codes of VC++ about KVM Configure

刘蓓_刘
Beginner
We are would like to add KVM feature into his new app to achieve install OS remotely.We do need source codes of VC++ about KVM Configure connectivity password,Configure verification code of connection,and Configure timeout of connection. We do not need C# source codes. We strongly ask for you help and we would appreciate if you could provide what we need.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

If you're working with C++, probably the best point currently is to look at the C++ Framework. That will allow you to get and set instance details of the IPS_KVMRedirectionSettingData, which includes the SessionTimeout for the session and the RFBPassword to use (you can refer to this class here: http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/HTMLDocuments/WS-Management_Class_Reference/IPS_KVMRedirectionSettingData.htm ). There are multiple examples in the SDK of Getting and Setting instance details, but using the C++ Framework it's pretty straightforward.

Configuring the session in AMT is of course only part of establishing a KVM session, if you don't already have a mechanism for doing so you can use the provided library (vncamt.dll). This library is a C-Based library provided by RealVNC, and handles the actual session establishment. The documentation on the library API's is in the \DOCS\KVM\RealVNC SDK Documentation directory within the SDK. The sample KVM apps are built around this library, in VNCViewerSDK.cs you can see all of the wrapper functions which are used throughout the app to actually establish the session.

With regards to the verification code of connection you mention, are you referring to the opt-in code that comes up as part of the session? I want to make sure I understand what you're asking about there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi have you downloaded the AMT Software Development Kit? You can also view the documentation (in english...) here. The AMT SDK does have a lot of sample code written in C++.

You can also Install an OS remotely onto an AMT Client by using the IDE Re-direct feature. You can try this out also by trying out the Manageability Developer's Toolkit. The Manageability Developer's Toolkit comes with source code too, but it is written in C#.

Note that if you are trying KVM and it isn't connecting - the KVM RFB password must be 8 characters and it must be a strong password. The requirements are listed in the SDK Documentation.

Gael
0 Kudos
刘蓓_刘
Beginner
Thank you very much! In AMT Software Development Kit ,The KVM Configure is written by C#(In KVMControlApplication Sample),but I need VC++ code.
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

If you're working with C++, probably the best point currently is to look at the C++ Framework. That will allow you to get and set instance details of the IPS_KVMRedirectionSettingData, which includes the SessionTimeout for the session and the RFBPassword to use (you can refer to this class here: http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/HTMLDocuments/WS-Management_Class_Reference/IPS_KVMRedirectionSettingData.htm ). There are multiple examples in the SDK of Getting and Setting instance details, but using the C++ Framework it's pretty straightforward.

Configuring the session in AMT is of course only part of establishing a KVM session, if you don't already have a mechanism for doing so you can use the provided library (vncamt.dll). This library is a C-Based library provided by RealVNC, and handles the actual session establishment. The documentation on the library API's is in the \DOCS\KVM\RealVNC SDK Documentation directory within the SDK. The sample KVM apps are built around this library, in VNCViewerSDK.cs you can see all of the wrapper functions which are used throughout the app to actually establish the session.

With regards to the verification code of connection you mention, are you referring to the opt-in code that comes up as part of the session? I want to make sure I understand what you're asking about there.

0 Kudos
刘蓓_刘
Beginner

Thank you very much! Youranswer is my need!

0 Kudos