Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Where do you find the BEST answers to your Intel(r) AMT questions?

Gael_H_Intel
Hi Everyone! We have put up a new poll. Please take a few minutes and vote so that we can figure out how best to reach our developers. If you have any comments that you would like to share (like maybe none of the answers fit for you or for technical issues like your vote isn't being accepted) please let us know in this thread.

Thanks, in advance, for your feedback!
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S
Gael

That is a difficult question! Multiple choice should be allowed! Maybe including an option to prioritize the answer.

I think that blogs have a LOT for a person that is lookinf for AMT answers!

Of course Forums also have lots of information, but sometimes it is not 100% clear what the correct answer is... maybe a tool where the person who started the threat, or someone from Intel, is able to mark an answer as a good answer would help a lot.

Finally to ask at the forums has always work for me, but I always opt to look for a blog or an existent answer at the forums first.

BTW... What happened to the search box that used to be available in the right area? I have missed it....

MC

0 Kudos
Ajay_M_Intel
Employee
Gael

That is a difficult question! Multiple choice should be allowed! Maybe including an option to prioritize the answer.

Of course Forums also have lots of information, but sometimes it is not 100% clear what the correct answer is... maybe a tool where the person who started the threat, or someone from Intel, is able to mark an answer as a good answer would help a lot.

Finally to ask at the forums has always work for me, but I always opt to look for a blog or an existent answer at the forums first.

BTW... What happened to the search box that used to be available in the right area? I have missed it....

MC

Maria,
Very good points.

We removed the search box because the search box on the top of the page has the exact same functionality. People were getting confused with the two seach boxes that serves the same function.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Maria,
Very good points.

We removed the search box because the search box on the top of the page has the exact same functionality. People were getting confused with the two seach boxes that serves the same function.

Maria - I was hoping to make the quiz one where you can pick more than one answer, but it doesn't appear that we can do that. Also, I just noticed that the Search box was missing too. The one up on top does not have the advanced option - so I was confused by that... :-) I think that I found the appropriate search in the Blogs area. I like that you can pick the areas to search by eliminating other areas that you may not be interested in (like if you knew there was a certain forum question that discussed a particular topic you could eliminate all the other areas in order to narrow down the results.
0 Kudos
Ajay_M_Intel
Employee

Maria - I was hoping to make the quiz one where you can pick more than one answer, but it doesn't appear that we can do that. Also, I just noticed that the Search box was missing too. The one up on top does not have the advanced option - so I was confused by that... :-) I think that I found the appropriate search in the Blogs area. I like that you can pick the areas to search by eliminating other areas that you may not be interested in (like if you knew there was a certain forum question that discussed a particular topic you could eliminate all the other areas in order to narrow down the results.

Gael,
It does have the advanced option. All you have to do is mouse over the search button (advanced search is the last option in the drop down). Granted it maynot be as intuitive as the other one. :)
0 Kudos
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S

Totally agree!

That will really make the forums contents a greater tool!
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Totally agree!

That will really make the forums contents a greater tool!

I was actually wrong... The search up on top of the page does have an "Advanced Search" but it is different than the one that we are used to - it does let you match on different words which is nice but it doesn't seem to let you pick the area that you want to search in (like Blogs and Forums.) if you go up to the top level of the forum, there is an option to search the forum, which is yet another search tool. It lets you pick the forum and date ranges, who did the posting, etc - so that is kind of nice. You can get to the other search by going into the Blogs - that is the one that lets you pick the areas to search - the disadvantage I found with that one is that it will pick up content from all the forums - there is no way to say - just give me the manageability forum results.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Gael

MC

Hi Maria,
Being able to highlight answers is a great idea. Threre used to be a "best answer" indication available, but I don't see it anymore. Does anyone else know if this is still available?

There is rating available for each post, but I don't think anyone uses it and i'm not sure how good that is for indicationg good answers.

It would be really nice to have an best answer indication that is also searchable. For example find all posts indicated as best answers with keywords "RIS" & "AMT".
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Maria,
Being able to highlight answers is a great idea. Threre used to be a "best answer" indication available, but I don't see it anymore. Does anyone else know if this is still available?

There is rating available for each post, but I don't think anyone uses it and i'm not sure how good that is for indicationg good answers.

It would be really nice to have an best answer indication that is also searchable. For example find all posts indicated as best answers with keywords "RIS" & "AMT".

Yeah... I thought there was a "best answer" indicator too, at some point. The problem that I see with the "My Question is Answered" is that the user who posted the question is the only one allowed to set it, and so far very few have chosen to indicate that their questions were answered. Or maybe we haven't actually answered any questions to our user's complete satisfaction. :-) I hope that is not the case.
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Yeah... I thought there was a "best answer" indicator too, at some point. The problem that I see with the "My Question is Answered" is that the user who posted the question is the only one allowed to set it, and so far very few have chosen to indicate that their questions were answered. Or maybe we haven't actually answered any questions to our user's complete satisfaction. :-) I hope that is not the case.

Right, I think there was and there there wasn't anymore :).

Gael, answer confirmation is a known difficulty of online communities, as as soon as the problem is solved, so does the pain thatmotivated the original-poster to log-in and ask questions. The user is now tackling with his next problem, and hey, there's no time to update the forum!

I've seen this in many other forums.
Even a resourcelike experts-exchange(which bases its wholefunctionality in 'best answer' feedback) has a hard timewith people disappearing when they need to point the best answer, and moderators need to pick one.

If we had some more traffic volume in our forum a grading system (like the rates we use) could be beneficial in identifying the useful posts. It works for the Stackoverflow forums, at least.

In summary, I don't think the case is the last one you mentioned! :)
From the few feedback posts I've seen in the forums, people do find an answer at the end (well, sometimes they don't ;) ), so it is probably that the lack of response is due to community-cultural issues rather than due to bad support.

So... we just have toincrease traffic to get a good rating system... should be easy, no? :)
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Right, I think there was and there there wasn't anymore :).

Gael, answer confirmation is a known difficulty of online communities, as as soon as the problem is solved, so does the pain thatmotivated the original-poster to log-in and ask questions. The user is now tackling with his next problem, and hey, there's no time to update the forum!

I've seen this in many other forums.
Even a resourcelike experts-exchange(which bases its wholefunctionality in 'best answer' feedback) has a hard timewith people disappearing when they need to point the best answer, and moderators need to pick one.

If we had some more traffic volume in our forum a grading system (like the rates we use) could be beneficial in identifying the useful posts. It works for the Stackoverflow forums, at least.

In summary, I don't think the case is the last one you mentioned! :)
From the few feedback posts I've seen in the forums, people do find an answer at the end (well, sometimes they don't ;) ), so it is probably that the lack of response is due to community-cultural issues rather than due to bad support.

So... we just have toincrease traffic to get a good rating system... should be easy, no? :)

You are absolutely correct, Schmuel - once a question is answered (or the user figured it out on their own while waiting for an answer) they will go off and get back to work rather than spend time to come back and let us know that they figured it out or that our advice/answers did actually guide them to a solution. Some of our users are really good about letting us know if we are helping them (Maria, Javier to name a couple) and we really appreciate that!

We sure try to increase traffic - it would be easier if we could somehow combine Gaming with AMT... ;-)
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
You are absolutely correct, Shmuel - once a question is answered (or the user figured it out on their own while waiting for an answer) they will go off and get back to work rather than spend time to come back and let us know that they figured it out or that our advice/answers did actually guide them to a solution. Some of our users are really good about letting us know if we are helping them (Maria, Javier to name a couple) and we really appreciate that!

We sure try to increase traffic - it would be easier if we could somehow combine Gaming with AMT... ;-)

Combining Gamingwith AMT?
Well, this is very close to what the "IT Manager 3: Unseen Forces" game does -- see my blog post: http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2009/02/27/intel-technologies-game-it-manager-3-unseen-forces/
Real users (gamers) commented in my blog, which is an indication of a hot topic.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Combining Gamingwith AMT?
Well, this is very close to what the "IT Manager 3: Unseen Forces" game does -- see my blog post: http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2009/02/27/intel-technologies-game-it-manager-3-unseen-forces/
Real users (gamers) commented in my blog, which is an indication of a hot topic.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Shmuel! This is really neat!
0 Kudos
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S

mmmmm... I use to visit the forum a lot, and I have asked questions but to be totally honest... I had never realized there was a "My Question is Answered" option!!!!! (I just use to write stablishing when I get the information I was looking for.)

So.... I think that many people may have also missed this. I don't know if that is because the checkbox is in the blue area... actually I wasn't either aware of the rating option. I remember in the old version the hands where you were able to like/dislike every answer, but today was the first time I noticed the stars also in the blue area.... I don't know if this is just me.. but maybe this is happening to other users and that is why to few users mark questions as answered or use the rating system.
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
mmmmm... I use to visit the forum a lot, and I have asked questions but to be totally honest... I had never realized there was a "My Question is Answered" option!!!!! (I just use to write stablishing when I get the information I was looking for.)

Yes, they blend too well with the background...
For example, now that I rated your answer ( :) ) you can see the stars clearly.

Thanks for the suggestion:) --
Maybe we can improve this for our next visual changes. ;)
0 Kudos