Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and the technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.

WsMan Asset Vs. EOI Asset

jacace
Black Belt

Hello everybody,

I have been looking into the differencies between the EOI and the WsMan asset.
I have seen that the following functions does not get all the information:
arrTmp=client.Enumerate(typeof(CIM_ProcessorType));
arrTmp = client.Enumerate(typeof(CIM_PhysicalMemoryType));
arrTmp = client.Enumerate(typeof(CIM_MediaAccessDeviceType));
arrTmp=client.Enumerate(typeof(AMT_PCIDeviceType));

The thing is that the above MOF classes(CIM_XXX, AMT_XXX)are the ones used to deserialize the WsMan commands, so after Enumerating them and call the respective Intel AMT stack object constructor I can see not all the information is loaded; I mean, if I compare WsManconstructed objectagain the corresponding EOI object (GetAssetOfType(AmtHardwareModule.XXX)) not all the information is present.

So, wha's wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Randal_T_Intel
Employee
This is a known bug in the WsMan implementation of the Asset interface. You're not doing anything wrong

View solution in original post

8 Replies
jacace
Black Belt
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot,

Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Javier, we are seeking assistance from our WS-Man expert on this one. Hope to get back to you soon.

jacace
Black Belt
Thanks a lot Lance!
;-)

Randal_T_Intel
Employee
This is a known bug in the WsMan implementation of the Asset interface. You're not doing anything wrong

jacace
Black Belt

Thanks a lot Randal,

jacace
Black Belt

Hello Randal,

I have a question: I understand this issue is about theWsMan implementation on machine (I mean, I supose there is a bug on code running at the amt machine side); my AMT version is 3.2.1, What do you knowabout AMT 4, 5 versions?

I have more feedback: this also affects Redirection cause power state is found by WsMan as "S2_SLEEPING_WITHOUT_CONTEXT" and by EOI is correctly read as "SO_POWERED". (see this thread: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61463)

Thanks a lot,

Randal_T_Intel
Employee
Thanks for the feedback. The WsMan asset issue appears to be limited to 3.x firmware.The SDK asset sample should work on AT4/5 hardware

jacace
Black Belt
Thanks for the feedback. The WsMan asset issue appears to be limited to 3.x firmware.The SDK asset sample should work on AT4/5 hardware

Thanks Randal

=)