Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

disable my computer

introduction
Beginner

hello,

on 12/02/2011 I was a victim of armed robbery and stolen me a laptop dell inspiron 1764 which bears the serial number is 79CSYL1 I have a certificate that confirms that the police and an invoice purchase of computer under Grant

what service I have to go ask for disable my computer by technologie Anti-Theft ?

Thx

Note: Your computer is stolen in Morocco

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi introduction,
I certainly am sorry to hear about your armed robbery. I hope no one was hurt during the crime. Unfortunately, your Dell Inspiron does not seem to be one of the laptops that was enabled with the Intel Anti-Theft technology. This web page: http://antitheft.intel.com/find-a-laptop.aspxshows the current list of laptops that have Intel Anti-Theft technology. When or if you purchase one of these systems, you should make sure to enable it and sign up with one of these services: http://www.intel.com/itcenter/topics/security/antitheft/getservice/index.htmfor management and security options.

Hope this helps in the future,
Judy
0 Kudos
introduction
Beginner
Hi

I want to thank you for your reply and for your efficiency and I ask you if you are a service that can locate in my computer?

Thx
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi introduction,

I really don't know a lot about these services, but after looking at the information at the link above and on the individual websites, it looks like at least two of the services provide locater services as well. For the laptop you lost in the robbery, however, I'm not aware of anyway for you to be able to locate that one, especially after the fact.

Judy
0 Kudos
techforums123
Beginner
Sorry, No idea , You can ask customer support about this
0 Kudos
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Yadavarun,
Thanks for posting. Yes, if introduction had a laptop with Intel Anti-Theft, which is a fairly new technology addition to our motherboards, then he might be able to render the laptop unusable by those who took it.You can find the list oflaptops that are enabled withAnti-theft here:http://antitheft.intel.com/find-a-laptop.aspx. In order to be able to disable his computer, he would have had to sign up with a service provider and enable Anti-Theft on his system PRIOR to it being stolen. Since this was not done and since his laptop is not one of the systems with Anti-Theft,I don't believe there is any way to track it.

Regards,
Judy
0 Kudos
introduction
Beginner
I thank you for the interest you give to the subject, and from the serial number is or how I can find the MAC address of my computer?

Merci
0 Kudos
introduction
Beginner
I thank you for the interest you give to the subject, and from the serial number is or how I can find the MAC address of my computer?

Merci
0 Kudos
fredrick_k_
Beginner
i want to disable my stolen computer but i dont know how? help me please
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Do you have Anti-Theft on your PC? If so you should contact your service that manages the device and let them know. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you unless you have a way of remotely accessing it.
0 Kudos