Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

how to wake up amt

Lin_T_Intel2
Employee

Hi,

From the doc,  to wake up AMT ME, it is suggested to wait 25s.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/wake-up-amt

First, I am try to wake up AMT ME using ICMP pings, does that means I have to wait 25s before send further request?

Secondly should I use arping send arp request to AMT ME or ping AMT ME like 5 times, which one is better?

BTW, this doc is a little old, do you have any updates on this topic? 

B.R

Tan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gael_H_Intel

Hi - the doc is old, but still relevant.  It is the case where your system is set to  "wake on lan".  The issue is, when the ME is sleeping, it is not able to process that first ping.  It takes about 25 seconds to get into a state where it can process a manageability message.  You can use what ever process works the best for your environment.  You can keep sending pings for a short period time until the ME answers.

The other way around this is to keep the ME on - not as power efficient but you won't have to wait for it to "wake up."

Gael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel

Hi - the doc is old, but still relevant.  It is the case where your system is set to  "wake on lan".  The issue is, when the ME is sleeping, it is not able to process that first ping.  It takes about 25 seconds to get into a state where it can process a manageability message.  You can use what ever process works the best for your environment.  You can keep sending pings for a short period time until the ME answers.

The other way around this is to keep the ME on - not as power efficient but you won't have to wait for it to "wake up."

Gael

0 Kudos