Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

imrsdk_x64.dll memory load problem

noset
Beginner
[csharp]using System; using System.Web; using System.Web.Services; using Intel.Manageability; using Intel.Manageability.Redirection; using Intel.Manageability.Exceptions; namespace VPRO { /// /// Summary description for vRedirection /// [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")] [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)] [System.ComponentModel.ToolboxItem(false)] public class vRedirection : System.Web.Services.WebService { [WebMethod] public string SetRedirection(string IP, string Username, string Password, string RedirectionType, string ISOFile) { try{ Program Pr = new Program(); IAMTInstance amt = Pr.amt(IP, Username, Password); if(RedirectionType =="MountISO")[/csharp][csharp] amt.RedirectionIDER.StartIDERCD("C:\\WIN08R2ALLx64.iso",RedirectState.IDER_SET_GRACEFULLY);[/csharp][csharp] if(RedirectionType=="Stats"){ IDERStatistics statistics = amt.RedirectionIDER.GetStatistics(); return statistics.DataTransfer.ToString(); } //amt.RedirectionIDER.StopIDER(); // Dispose the IDER instance //amt.RedirectionIDER.Dispose(); return true.ToString(); } catch (ManageabilityException ex) { return ex.Message.ToString(); } } } }[/csharp]

Unable to load DLL 'imrsdk_x64.dll': Invalid access to memory location. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6)
I have tried everything but  i did not resolve the problem.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Thanks for posting your question. Since I don't know anything about the system you are running on, could you download and run the SCS Discovery tool and include the xml output file in your response? Here are the instructions:How to run the SCS Discovery Tool. Meanwhile I will try to digest your question above.
Have you followed the linking directions from the SDK Docs?

Linking with the Redirection Library (Windows)

The Intel-provided dynamic Redirection Library provides all of the logic to redirect serial and IDE data to or from Intel AMT enabled hardware and firmware. If you want to link with the Redirection Library, you must:

Compile the application with the provided import library(imrsdk.lib or imrsdk_x64.lib).

Make sure that the dynamic Redirection Library(imrsdk.dll or imrsdk_x64.dll) is located in a known path so that it will be loaded when the application is executed. Such a path can be the same location as the application executable file, or in a system known path, such as %SystemRoot%\system32.

To link with the import library, put the library file name in the Additional Dependencies field of the Linker/Input dialog of Visual Studio, as shown in the following figure.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting noset
Unable to load DLL 'imrsdk_x64.dll': Invalid access to memory location. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6)

I have tried everything but i did not resolve the problem.

Could you take a look at:

http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/DOCS/Implementation%20and%20Reference%20Guide/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2Fsdkknownlimitations.htm

and at the bottom of the page there is a comment #3:

3. To run the tool on 64-bit operating systems, the imrsdk_x64.dll must be used. By default, the 32-bit
imrsdk.dll is included. To run on a 64-bit operating system, it will be necessary to rename the
"imrsdk_x64.dll" to "imrsdk.dll" (this file will be located in the \Remote_Encryption_ Management\src\RemoteEncryptionManagement\Collateral\ folder after
the source is first compiled). Note: this will require deleting or renaming the existing 32-bit version of
"imrsdk.dll".

Did you try this?

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting noset

I have tried everything but i did not resolve the problem.

Did you try toturn offData Execution Prevention ( DEP )?
0 Kudos