Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

problem with "Manageability Terminal Tool.exe"

sainan
Beginner

Hello:

Whenever I run "Manageability Terminal Tool.exe"(I'm using the latest version "Manageability_Developer_Tool_Kit_0_6_08288_2.msi")from the command line with necessary parameters, it opens the terminal and after sometime itconnects to the amt machine,but showing the power state as unknown. Then ifI try to use any command from the terminal, ithangs/fails and gives the following exception:

********** 10/22/2008 2:25:19 AM
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ManageabilityStack.AmtRemoteControl.Get_req_BootSourceSettingEPR(Int32 specialCommand, EndpointReferenceType& req_BootSourceSettingEPR)
at ManageabilityStack.AmtRemoteControl.SendRemoteControlEx(Object po)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

0.6.08288.2 - Test Build - DO NOT DISTRIBUTE
--- 2:25:19 AM:Error:System.Net.WebException
System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.LoadXmlEx(String postData, Boolean& shouldRetry)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.LoadXML(String postData)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.WS_Request(String action, String resourceUri, String body, String extranamespace, String extraheader)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.WS_Enumerate(String resourceUri)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.Enumerate(Type type)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManCore.Enumerate(Type t)
--- 2:25:19 AM:CallFailed:WSMAN Enumerate: MOF_CLASSES.CIM_BootSourceSettingType
--- 2:25:09 AM:Error:System.Net.WebException
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.LoadXmlEx(String postData, Boolean& shouldRetry)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.WS_Request(String action, String resourceUri, String body, String extranamespace, String extraheader)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.Get(String resourceUri, String extraHeader)
at ManageabilityStack.WsManCore.Get(Type t)
--- 2:25:09 AM:CallFailed:WSMAN Get: MOF_CLASSES.CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementServiceType
--- 2:25:09 AM:Information:Enumerate: CIM_BootSourceSetting
--- 2:24:59 AM:Information:Get: CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementService
--- 2:24:58 AM:Error:System.Net.WebException
at ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.Get(String resourceUri, String extraHeader)
--- 2:24:58 AM:CallFailed:WSMAN Get: MOF_CLASSES.CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementServiceType
--- 2:24:48 AM:Information:Get: CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementService
--- 2:24:47 AM:Error:System.Net.WebException

But if I use it inside from the commandertool (from "Take Control") it works pretty fine.However, I need to use this terminal directly frommy application, so need to call the exe file with parameters.I would appreciate any help from you.

-- Safwan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sainan
Beginner

Hi:

I have solved it myself. My amt machine is using TLS. So you have to use "-tls" in the command line (I did not find this anywhere) with the other required parameters mentioned in the usage of the "Manageability Terminal Tool.exe". Or, you can change it from the source code. Both way works for me.

Thanks,

Safwan

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Excellent! Thank you for letting us know.

0 Kudos