Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

vPRO - Two-Stage Booting without a Restart?

Jose_R_
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, is it possible to edit the two-stage booting in such a way that it won't restart the computer but try and boot it in whichever state the computer is currently at? Is that possible? At all?

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Jose - Are you referring to the reference designs that are on the vPro Expert Center? It seems like you should be able to do that. You might want to post your question over there though. http://communities.intel.com/community/vproexpert/blog/2010/10/26/new-reference-design-2-stage-boot-faster-remote-booting
0 Kudos
Jose_R_
Beginner
Hey Gael, I didn't know there was a reference guide, thank you! I will look into it see what I can do. Thanks, Jose
0 Kudos
Jose_R_
Beginner
Actually, scratch that. I miss-read your post. I thought you said reference guide but you said reference design. I do have that one, and the customizeable tool that is included there is effective in order to edit the ISO that is being referenced and what not but that's about it. I really don't see anywhere where to actually edit it in order to disable the "reset system" part of it. Any idea where this could be and how I could edit it? Thanks, Jose
0 Kudos