Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

vPro outside corporate network / dynamic IP's / disabling red border / flashing icon

elie_s_
Beginner

Before i start, pardon my english, it's my 3rd language.

1) Is it possible to somehow configure, that the intel vpro amt would work outside a corporate network while the computer is connected to the internet via dynamic ip through regular ethernet cable/wifi/3g modem.

2) And it possible to configure through MEBx that the computer would always connect to dynamic dns service, so i could always connect to it without having to hassle finding the ip which changes everytime (or is there another way to achieve this?). Also read about some MPS server thing, maybe it is used for this?

3) Is there a way to connect through KVM (to screenview/control) without any popups like the UltraVNC has/no red border/flashing icon.

4) Are those root certificates or something mandatory, or password is enough to connect?

Basically, i am asking is it possible to configure the computer so that i could silently connect to it wherever in the world it might be and silently monitor it?

Also, i understand that a person has to sign some papers to allow us performing these things on him.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Could you please clarify what it is you wish to do when you connect?  

0 Kudos
elie_s_
Beginner

Hello, sure, we would like to view the screen of the machine when we connect.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

The Start Here Guide  might be a good place for you to start with.  Also please take a look at the Implementation and Reference Guide

1) Is it possible to somehow configure, that the intel vpro amt would work outside a corporate network while the computer is connected to the internet via dynamic ip through regular ethernet cable/wifi/3g modem.

No - Intel vPro requires a special network that is buitl in to the Manageability Engine.

2) And it possible to configure through MEBx that the computer would always connect to dynamic dns service, so i could always connect to it without having to hassle finding the ip which changes everytime (or is there another way to achieve this?). Also read about some MPS server thing, maybe it is used for this?

When you Configure AMT, you can tell it to share the IP of the Host OS - you should not have to find it everytime.  The me has a web server and as long as the system  has power, and the network cable is plugged in (or you have added the wireless profile during your configuration process) you should be OK.

3) Is there a way to connect through KVM (to screenview/control) without any popups like the UltraVNC has/no red border/flashing icon.

Nope.

4) Are those root certificates or something mandatory, or password is enough to connect?

You can use digest authentication.

Basically, i am asking is it possible to configure the computer so that i could silently connect to it wherever in the world it might be and silently monitor it?

As long as you have the network set up correctly, you can sign on to the system whereever it is, but if you are trying to do KVM sessions, that is not a "silent" operation.

Also, i understand that a person has to sign some papers to allow us performing these things on him.

I am not sure what, exactly, you want to do, but there is nothing to sign to manage a system using Intel AMT.  :-)

0 Kudos