Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Android Customize Audio Input with AAC

lee__wenyuan
Beginner

sdk v3.5

Android Customize Audio Input with AAC audio,

Implement com.intel.webrtc.base.WoogeenAudioRecord.AudioFrameGeneratorInterface and Override generateFramesForNext10Ms.

But there are 1024 sample in one aac frame, Samplerate is 44100Hz,so one frame is 1024*1000/44100= 22.32ms, So how do i make 10ms data?

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Those are formats that audio encoder could (depends on the devices) encode the PCM data to.

Customized audio input allows you using an alternative audio input instead of the device microphone, but it requires the input data is raw format which is PCM. The data will ultimately be encoded to one of those formats/codecs mentioned above.

To answer your question:

yes the generateFramesForNext10Ms() expects PCM data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Wenyuan, currently customized audio input supports raw audio data (PCM) only.

0 Kudos
lee__wenyuan
Beginner

Thank you for your reply!

But I have read the documents about android sdk, it said AudioCodec contains PCMU,OPUS,PCMA,ISAC, and AAC in sdk v3.5.

And as you said, I should generate 10ms  PCM data, right?

0 Kudos
lee__wenyuan
Beginner

Hank Zhang (Intel) wrote:

Hi Wenyuan, currently customized audio input supports raw audio data (PCM) only.

Thank you for your reply!

But I have read the documents about android sdk, it said AudioCodec contains PCMU,OPUS,PCMA,ISAC, and AAC in sdk v3.5.

And as you said, I should generate 10ms  PCM data, right?

0 Kudos
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Those are formats that audio encoder could (depends on the devices) encode the PCM data to.

Customized audio input allows you using an alternative audio input instead of the device microphone, but it requires the input data is raw format which is PCM. The data will ultimately be encoded to one of those formats/codecs mentioned above.

To answer your question:

yes the generateFramesForNext10Ms() expects PCM data.

0 Kudos