Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

At the same time there are 50 people in the video case, the server needs how much bandwidth?

Hello, 

At the same time there are 50 people in the video case, the server needs how much bandwidth?

Thank!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Is there anyone who can answer it?。。。。。。

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Bandwidth consumption depends on your resolution/bitrate and usage model (conference or broadcasting).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Lei Zhai (Intel) wrote:

Bandwidth consumption depends on your resolution/bitrate and usage model (conference or broadcasting).

VGA resolution,conference model, Is the 3.2 version of the,How much bandwidth do you want?

thank

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

VGA input is controlled by your client side through SDK interface, for MCU it's downlink bandwidth consumption, which is your individual VGA publish input bandwidth x 50. If everyone subscribe mix VGA stream, the output is 800Kbps by default, so it's uplink bandwidth for MCU, which is 800Kbps x 50.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

can we calculate bandwidth as below is that correct

Server Bandwidth:

Forwarding VC Mode:

No.of Publishers x 0.4 Mbps(VGA) or 1Mb ( HD ) x (Total no.of users - 1) = Total Bandwidth

Mixing VC mode:

No.of Publishers x 800kbps(VGA) or 1 MB(HD) = Total bandwidth

Client Bandwidth:

Forward Mode:

0.4 Mbps(VGA) or 1Mb ( HD ) x (Total no.of users - 1) = Total Bandwidth

Mixing Mode:

0.4 Mbps(VGA) or 1Mb ( HD ) 

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Generally that's correct. Also please be aware that both client and server side bandwidths can be separated to down link and up link one.

0 Kudos