Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

CS for WebRTC prerequisites

Owais_A_
Beginner

Hi community,

I have the following questions:

• What are the prerequisites for using Intel CS for WebRTC MCU and Gateway servers? Is it mandatory to use them with Media Server Studio?
  • Also, does the conferencing server support fall-back to an audio-only when the network conditions are too bad for even the bare minimum video resolution/fps?

Thanks,

Owais

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Please refer to the released user guide for all the details. And MSS is not a must here.

We do support audio-only case but both video and audio switch is not done automatically.

Thanks!

Owais_A_
Beginner

Hi there,

I read: "Intel CS for WebRTC MCU and Gateway servers are built on top of Intel® Media Server Studio, " on https://software.intel.com/en-us/collaboration-suite-for-webrtc page which lead me to think its a pre-requisite..

Anyways, can you tell me in which scenarios using MSS is neccessary? 

Regards,

Owais

Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

When you want the Intel GPU hardware acceleration.

Thanks!

Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Owais

Thanks for pointing this out. We will refine the white paper wording to avoid confusion.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei