Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Codec issue in Android 4.2 and 4.2.1

Rubin__Andy1
Beginner

In 4.2 and 4.2.1 there is a codec issue. I am setting the VideoEncodingParameters as H264 in some android devices not working i tested in Samsung SM-G615F and Nokia 5.1 Plus.

While i am trying to publishing Failed to set local offer sdp: Failed to set local video description recv parameters. i am getting this error.

But 4.1 version is working fine with those mobiles.

Please give me a quick replay on this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vigelette__george

I am having the same issue, looks like some android devices don't create the right codec mapping with the new version of the libraries.  Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Hr__Z
New Contributor I

I have the problem on android, but not going deep into this, just as example, I remembered that server should enable H264 support?

0 Kudos
vigelette__george

Server has h264 support, some android phones seem to not send the protocol string correctly using the newer SDK,  The sample Android application on a different phone works correctly.  rolling back to 3.5 release or 4.0 the Android application works on both phones.

0 Kudos
YanbinZ_Intel
Employee

Could you please record the bug on github https://github.com/open-webrtc-toolkit/owt-client-android/issues/ ? And provide more logs information ?

Thanks

Yanbin

0 Kudos