Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

Codec issue in Android 4.2 and 4.2.1

Rubin__Andy1
Beginner

In 4.2 and 4.2.1 there is a codec issue. I am setting the VideoEncodingParameters as H264 in some android devices not working i tested in Samsung SM-G615F and Nokia 5.1 Plus.

While i am trying to publishing Failed to set local offer sdp: Failed to set local video description recv parameters. i am getting this error.

But 4.1 version is working fine with those mobiles.

Please give me a quick replay on this issue.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vigelette__george

I am having the same issue, looks like some android devices don't create the right codec mapping with the new version of the libraries.  Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hr__Z
New Contributor I

I have the problem on android, but not going deep into this, just as example, I remembered that server should enable H264 support?

vigelette__george

Server has h264 support, some android phones seem to not send the protocol string correctly using the newer SDK,  The sample Android application on a different phone works correctly.  rolling back to 3.5 release or 4.0 the Android application works on both phones.

YanbinZ_Intel
Employee

Could you please record the bug on github https://github.com/open-webrtc-toolkit/owt-client-android/issues/ ? And provide more logs information ?

Thanks

Yanbin