Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

IOS 4.0: App is taking too much cpu and memory

ANIL_K_3
Beginner

Hi,

We found that IOS app is taking too much memory when there are multiple transitions from portrait to landscape and vice versa. Application is not responding after sometime because of this. Please confirm this.

Anil 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
YanbinZ_Intel
Employee

Do you use our sample code ?  How much memory and CPU used ?

The memory keep the same and CPU will grow from portrait to landscape at our side. It is expected . And CPU will down after the action .

Thanks

Yanbin

0 Kudos
ANIL_K_3
Beginner

Hi Yanbin,

Thanks for looking into this.

We integrated SDK in a different IOS application.  More than one  stream will be shown in app. Streams will be attached/removed to/from renderers on the fly based on some UI related actions. Renderers will be removed from superView when a stream have to be removed from renderer. 

Memory and CPU increase is observed when streams are rendered and removed multiple times along with transitions form portrait to landscape. CPU/Memory increase is observed during rendering process only, when there is no rendering involved CPU/memory usage is under limits.

Is there a better method to remove stream from a renderer other than removing it from superView?

Anil

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Anil,

RTCVideoTrack's method removeRenderer might be helpful.

0 Kudos
ANIL_K_3
Beginner

HI,

Please find the attached screen capture from ios device . After 20 mins also the cpu not reducing using ics conference sample ios APP 4.0 

0 Kudos
jun__mao
Beginner

Hi Anil,

When debugging, I encountered a problem that I could successfully get the right token through the server, but when I used this token to join a conference, it was called
- (void) joinWithToken (nsstrings *) token
OnSuccess (nullable void onSuccess (^) (ICSConferenceInfo *))
OnFailure (nullable void onFailure (^) (NSError *));
This method when the program crashed, I would like to ask you how to let the solution?

thank you

0 Kudos
jun__mao
Beginner

Hi Anil,

I encountered a problem when debugging ICSConference. I could get the right token successfully through the server, but when I took this token to join a conference, it was called
- (void) joinWithToken (nsstrings *) token
OnSuccess (nullable void onSuccess (^) (ICSConferenceInfo *))
OnFailure (nullable void onFailure (^) (NSError *));
The program crashed when this method was used. Could you please help me with this problem? thank you.

Mao

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Anil,

Are you using VP8 or VP9? It will cost a lot of CPU resource if VP8 or VP9 is selected as encoding codec since there is no GPU acceleration for these codecs. H.264 should work better.

0 Kudos