Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1136 Discussions

Problem publishing a stream from iOS cordova app

Loecke__James
Beginner

I am running into a problem with publishing a stream from an ios cordova app with the server. The app is using ios13 and the WkWebview. I am using an app similar to the Release-v4-3/extras/basic_example app. My main change is I am not using the camera and I am using canvas.captureStream. Here is my version of the conferenceRoomJoined function

function conferenceRoomJoined(resp) {
        myId = resp.self.id;
        myRoom = resp.id;

var canvas = $("#myCanvas").get(0);
        mediaStream = canvas.captureStream(20);

localStream = new Owt.Base.LocalStream( mediaStream, new Owt.Base.StreamSourceInfo('mic', 'camera'));

var publishOption = {};
        conference.publish(localStream, publishOption).then( publication => publishCompleted( publication ));
    }

So on the cordova ios version of the app, the publishCompleted function never is executed. I do not see any errors in the console when I connect Safari to the ios device to remote debug.

I have attached 2 files, chrome.console.txt and ios.console.txt.

chrome.console.txt is the server console output when publishing a stream from the chrome web browser. This works correctly.

ios.console.txt is the server console output when trying to publish a stream from the app wrapped with cordova running on ios. This does not work.

When I look at the output, the main thing I notice is that the server only does the following when using chrome. When using ios, 2 answer send messages are sent and then the server stops. On the client, the promise for the publish is never completed.

console.js:8 2020-06-04 17:58:20.201 - DEBUG: Portal - onSessionSignaling, participantId: _1UbN8rNXpfUG78aAAAA sessionId: 68431405515193780 signaling: { type: 'candidate',

candidate:

{ candidate: 'a=candidate:1965193747 1 udp 2113939711 678ed3d2-516f-4bc5-9164-fd2f69c32de9.local 54894 typ host generation 0 ufrag +/67 network-cost 999',

sdpMid: '0',

sdpMLineIndex: 0 } }

I am not sure what to look at with the server to further debug this issue. For example, is it a socket problem, is it an issue with the mediaStream being submitted to the server ....?

0 Kudos
0 Replies