Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Why should I use Intel CS for WebRTC compare with Janus, Jitsi etc.?

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Currently, I am working on designing a video conferencing solution. I have experience in working with Google native WebRTC framework and FrozenMountain's IceLink. I spent some time on going through the Intel CS for WebRTC. What I am wondering and what I noticed is there is very very less buzz in the WebRTC world about Intel CS for WebRTC compare with any other framework. Why should I use Intel CS for WebRTC compare with Janus, Jitsi, MediaSoup etc.?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any update would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Our server focuses more on media processing, we can support both MCU and SFU mode. Our product design is based on microservice architecture, so we support distributed deployment, HA and failover features. You can download our package to have a try.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Qiujiao,

Thank you very much for your time and reply. I have gone through the Intel CS for WebRTC in-detail. As I explained, I am working on designing a highly scalable, distributed, robust, high-availability (HA), and fault-tolerant video conferencing system. We have a very good engineering team with the expertise in MEAN stack, VoIP/WebRTC, Android, iOS/Swift technologies. We can procure the required hardware also. Please find my below queries:

1) It should not have any limit to number of participants or number of concurrent sessions.
2) Will it supports to deploy all the setup in either AWS or Google cloud?
3) Can we get enough support from Intel forums or Intel? I noticed that there is no quick response in the forum for queries.
4) What I still don't understand is there is very very less buzz in the WebRTC world about Intel CS for WebRTC compare with any other framework, even though it supports very beautiful features. What might be the reason?
5) Does Intel CS for WebRTC development is still active?
6) Can we depend on Intel CS for WebRTC confidently to build our video conferencing product?

Can we do all these with Intel CS for WebRTC?      

It would be really great and helpful, if you could answer to all of my queries one-by-one. Your reply would be definitely helpful to take a decision about which framework we have to use.

Thank you, once again.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli. 

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Hi, Chandramouli, please see my reply:

1) It depends on your deployment environment capabilities, and there is no limit to number of participants or number of concurrent sessions in theory

2) We have tested on AWS, VM and docker 

3) We will support general request/issues on forum, if you have special requirement, please contact webrtc_support@intel.com for help

4) Our product is free and we don't put too much effort on advertising. For more information on our future plan, please pay attention to KrankyGeek events on Nov.16th

5) Of course our development is active, we just released 4.1 last month

6) We have several customers' product working well in market AFAIK

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Qiujiao,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I will get back to you and the forum, once I am done with the design & architecture of the proposed platform.

Thank you, once gain.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Yu__Fisher
Beginner

interested

0 Kudos