Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1136 Discussions

how to change the resolution of screen share

Walker_W_
Beginner

I used Intel_CS_WebRTC.v3.3 to develop my screen share business. It is worked for me ,

but there is a problem , I can not change the resolution of the capture. The character in the 

shared video is blurry. I changed the configuration in the code , but it did not worked.

I don't know where the problem is. Whether I should modify my plugin for chrome .

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Walker,

Could you please provide more information about the browser you are using? like browser name, version. Thanks.

Walker_W_
Beginner

I used the chrome browser , and the version now is 55.0.2883.75 m (64-bit). 

Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Changing resolution for desktop sharing is expected to work on Chrome. You can set video.resolution property when creating LocalStream.

gino_s_
Beginner

Dear Jianjun Z.
Can you please describe it more detailed ?   do you mean  update the resolution here:

Woogeen.LocalStream.create({

video: {

device: 'screen',

resolution: 'hd720p'

},

but seems that it don't take effect ?  As a result we tested,  whatever we replace it , the resolution is 640*480.  :(

Jianjun Z. (Intel) wrote:

Changing resolution for desktop sharing is expected to work on Chrome. You can set video.resolution property when creating LocalStream.

Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi gino,

Please make sure your html page includes adapter.js before woogeen.sdk.js.