Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

how to change the resolution of screen share

Walker_W_
Beginner

I used Intel_CS_WebRTC.v3.3 to develop my screen share business. It is worked for me ,

but there is a problem , I can not change the resolution of the capture. The character in the 

shared video is blurry. I changed the configuration in the code , but it did not worked.

I don't know where the problem is. Whether I should modify my plugin for chrome .

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Walker,

Could you please provide more information about the browser you are using? like browser name, version. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Walker_W_
Beginner

I used the chrome browser , and the version now is 55.0.2883.75 m (64-bit). 

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Changing resolution for desktop sharing is expected to work on Chrome. You can set video.resolution property when creating LocalStream.

0 Kudos
gino_s_
Beginner

Dear Jianjun Z.
Can you please describe it more detailed ?   do you mean  update the resolution here:

Woogeen.LocalStream.create({

video: {

device: 'screen',

resolution: 'hd720p'

},

but seems that it don't take effect ?  As a result we tested,  whatever we replace it , the resolution is 640*480.  :(

Jianjun Z. (Intel) wrote:

Changing resolution for desktop sharing is expected to work on Chrome. You can set video.resolution property when creating LocalStream.

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi gino,

Please make sure your html page includes adapter.js before woogeen.sdk.js.

0 Kudos