Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1639 Discussions

AttributeError: module 'pandas' has no attribute 'compat'

LRuiz
Beginner

Hello,

When trying to import TensorFlow in the cluster, I get the following error for the module pandas:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "localcnn_sourceloc_01.py", line 13, in

from halcon_src import models, graph, coarsening, utils

File "../halcon_src/models.py", line 3, in

import tensorflow as tf

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/__init__.py", line 24, in

from tensorflow.python import *

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/__init__.py", line 77, in

from tensorflow.python.estimator import estimator_lib as estimator

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/estimator/estimator_lib.py", line 32, in

from tensorflow.python.estimator.inputs import inputs

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/estimator/inputs/inputs.py", line 23, in

from tensorflow.python.estimator.inputs.pandas_io import pandas_input_fn

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tensorflow/python/estimator/inputs/pandas_io.py", line 28, in

import pandas as pd

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/__init__.py", line 40, in

import pandas.core.config_init

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/core/config_init.py", line 14, in

import pandas.core.config as cf

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pandas/core/config.py", line 57, in

import pandas.compat as compat

AttributeError: module 'pandas' has no attribute 'compat'

I do not have this issue when running in my PC. I'm using Python 3.6 and TensorFlow 1.4.0.

I've checked for similar issues on online forums and apparently this problem can be solved by upgrading dask, however I do not have permission to do so. Can you please assist?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, We tried the same in DevCloud (Login node and Computer node) . We didn't find any issues to import the packages you specified. Please have a check on the attached screenshots.

would be better if you can provide us the version of packages/libraries you are trying to use on Cluster such as tensorflow, pandas and other libraries version ,

Thanks & Regards,

Ratheesh A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, We tried the same in DevCloud (Login node and Computer node) . We didn't find any issues to import the packages you specified. Please have a check on the attached screenshots.

would be better if you can provide us the version of packages/libraries you are trying to use on Cluster such as tensorflow, pandas and other libraries version ,

Thanks & Regards,

Ratheesh A

0 Kudos