Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1758 Discussions

Cannot find board package on devcloud

ZWu
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying the vector add example (oneAPI-samples/DirectProgramming/DPC++/DenseLinearAlgebra/vector-add) on devcloud, however, when I try to run build_fpga.sh with

qsub -l nodes=s001-n076:ppn=2 -d . build_fpga.sh

, it does not compile and the output is:

start: 22/10/11 10:10:48.193

dpcpp -v -O2 -g -std=c++17 -Xstarget=intel_s10sx_pac:pac_s10 -fintelfpga a_usm.o -o vector-add-usm.fpga -Xshardware
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete.  Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets.  If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required.  Please refer to the oneAPI FPGA Optimization Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error: The board package being used only supports report generation/emulation/runtime, please use the board package shipped in the FPGA addon instead.

stop: 22/10/11 10:11:25.236

I'm wondering what could go wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Christoph9
New Contributor II

Hey, I had the same problem (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Issue-on-fpga-compile-nodes/td-p/1418848).

Just use the following build command on the fpga_compile nodes (on the fpga nodes directly you should use the default ones):

cmake .. -DFPGA_BOARD=/opt/intel/oneapi/intel_a10gx_pac:pac_a10

Or just edit the cmake-file to use the fpga-board. This way however you can easily change just the arguments when switching between fpga_compile and arria10/stratix10 nodes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Christoph9
New Contributor II

Hey, I had the same problem (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Issue-on-fpga-compile-nodes/td-p/1418848).

Just use the following build command on the fpga_compile nodes (on the fpga nodes directly you should use the default ones):

cmake .. -DFPGA_BOARD=/opt/intel/oneapi/intel_a10gx_pac:pac_a10

Or just edit the cmake-file to use the fpga-board. This way however you can easily change just the arguments when switching between fpga_compile and arria10/stratix10 nodes.

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities.

Did you get a chance to try out the solution which Christoph9 suggested, as given in the case https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Issue-on-fpga-compile-nodes/td-p/1418848 .

Could you please share the updates.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ZWu
Beginner

Hi,

@Christoph9 's solution works on one of the fpga_compile nodes, thanks!

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos