Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1704 Discussions

DevCloud Permission Denied Public Key

acozma
Novice

Hello, I am having an issue with connecting to DevCloud over SSH.

I have tried both the automated setup steps as well as the manual setup steps for both Ubuntu 22.04 as well as Windows 11. I have the correct key as well the correct permissions set on the files.

However, I am still getting the "Permission denied (publickey)" message when attempting to SSH.

My username is: u162711

The DevCloud account was created/enrolled yesterday when I noticed the issue for the first time.

Please let me know if there's anything I could do on my side to fix this. I saw a few other threads regarding this issue, but it seemed like it's something the Admin team was able to resolve for others on an individual basis for existing accounts.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Please follow the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps to check your account and remediate:

1. Sign into DevCloud : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/
  2. Login/launch Jupyter – Launch Jupyter
  3. Note down account number as shown below in the Welcome.ipynb notebookMicrosoftTeams-image (8).png
  4. Next, login with ssh – if error does not show up your account is good.
  5. if permission denied(public key) error message shows up during login with ssh then:
    1. Check your .ssh/config : cat .ssh/config
    2. Does your account number in your ssh/config match with the one showed in in Jupyter(Example : 25550)
    3. Make sure correct account number is reflected in the config file. If not, edit your .ssh/config to correct the account number in .ssh/config to be same as the one with what you see in Jupyter
    4. Login with ssh again

if at any point during the above steps you notice files missing please contact your support team with your original account number and the correct account number – they will work with the engineering team to help assist copy your files over.

We apologize for this inconvenience cause by the public key error issue

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as solution. This will help others with similar issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Alekhya

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Please follow the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps to check your account and remediate:

1. Sign into DevCloud : https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/
  2. Login/launch Jupyter – Launch Jupyter
  3. Note down account number as shown below in the Welcome.ipynb notebookMicrosoftTeams-image (8).png
  4. Next, login with ssh – if error does not show up your account is good.
  5. if permission denied(public key) error message shows up during login with ssh then:
    1. Check your .ssh/config : cat .ssh/config
    2. Does your account number in your ssh/config match with the one showed in in Jupyter(Example : 25550)
    3. Make sure correct account number is reflected in the config file. If not, edit your .ssh/config to correct the account number in .ssh/config to be same as the one with what you see in Jupyter
    4. Login with ssh again

if at any point during the above steps you notice files missing please contact your support team with your original account number and the correct account number – they will work with the engineering team to help assist copy your files over.

We apologize for this inconvenience cause by the public key error issue

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as solution. This will help others with similar issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Alekhya

acozma
Novice

Thank you!

Upon re-login into my DevCloud account today, a new page popped up that hadn't previously shown (something along the lines of finishing setup or accepting terms). This seemed to have been the missing piece to my account being fully set up on the server side.

I am now able to access DevCloud instance without any issues!

Best,

Andrei

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thank you for accepting our solution. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos