Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

Error on devcloud jupyter notebook object tracking on local

AlbertA0789
Beginner

Hi I am trying object tracking jupyter notebook from devcloud and since it says "Before importing vaspy, environment variables LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PYTHONPATH need to be set. LD_LIBRARY_PATH should specify the VAS shared libraries directory and PYTHONPATH should specify the vaspy shared library directory". So I use os.environ to change it like below

os.environ['LD_LIBRARY_PATH'] = '/home/hp/Downloads/video-analytics-serving-master'
os.environ['PYTHONPATH'] = '/home/hp/Downloads/VASPy-master'

from vaspy import hd as HD
from vaspy import ot as OT
from vaspy.common import *

print("Imported VAS modules")

but then I receive error as below:

ImportError: cannot import name 'hd' from 'vaspy' (/home/hp/anaconda3/envs/Python_3_7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vaspy/__init__.py)

So I check the vaspy library and I found out there is indeed no HD and OT in the library. Is the vaspy library is a modified version? If it is can you tell me where I can find it? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi AlbertA0789,

Thanks for reaching out, you should not need to modify the Jupyter notebook to get the sample to work. Please make sure section 4.2 Import VAS contains the next 4 lines of code and ensure you have selected the correct Kernel (OpenVINO 2020.3.1 LTS).

From the Jupyter Notebook vasp_object_tracker_video

1. Select Kernel from the top menu
  2. Click on Change kernel
  3. Ensure Python 3 (OpenVINO 2020.3.1 LTS) is selected
  4. Restart the kernel from the top menu (Kernel -> Restart) or click the reload icon

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi AlbertA0789,

Thanks for reaching out, you should not need to modify the Jupyter notebook to get the sample to work. Please make sure section 4.2 Import VAS contains the next 4 lines of code and ensure you have selected the correct Kernel (OpenVINO 2020.3.1 LTS).

From the Jupyter Notebook vasp_object_tracker_video

1. Select Kernel from the top menu
  2. Click on Change kernel
  3. Ensure Python 3 (OpenVINO 2020.3.1 LTS) is selected
  4. Restart the kernel from the top menu (Kernel -> Restart) or click the reload icon

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos