Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1738 Discussions

Not able to login using x2go.

puneeth714
Beginner

I am able to access the devcloud using ssh.But i want to access the quartus prime software GUI.so i want GUI interface i am not able to login to GUI of devcloud using x2goclient.It is asking for password even i have correct parameters(ssh key file path,user,host).

Screenshot_2437.png

Screenshot_2438.png

  Even i tried to login with ssh -i file_path user@localhost -p 4002 .But still no use,in the command line also it is asking for the password.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi,

Thanks for using Intel community forum,

Kindly expect some delay in the reply due to holiday.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
puneeth714
Beginner

Yes,I am waiting ...!

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope all is well and apologies for the delayed in response.

For the mention x2Go connect, we have a details steps which is listed in the link below:

https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/Devcloud_Access_Instructions#devcloud-access-instructions (steps 6.0)

Question if I may, in which step did you managed to complete and the mention issues not able to login happenned?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
puneeth714
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel ,

Thanks for the reply.

But still, it is not working, even though I tried the process mentioned in the Github README file. Please have a look at the screen record for the problem I am facing. (*Asking for a password).

Best Wishes

Puneeth

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

Thank you for the patients, after reviewing the recording, would suggest to try on the following:

- I saw that you tried on the node s005-n007, that nodes might not be compatible with x2go, hence please try with the node s001-n139. (i.e I have verified from my end that the mention node are working)

- You would need to launch 2 different tab in mobaxterm, first to login to the node, second to open a port

With that 2 changes I believe you should be able to login into the mention node.

Hope that clarify.

Note: Apologies by the mention github link are outdated, please refer to the latest instruction in the link --> https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/shell-commands/

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
puneeth714
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel,

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would work after changing the compute node, but still, it is not working, it's still asking for a password. But one thing I have been seeing since first is, that the x2goserver is not running in the compute node. Check the status in the attached image.After running systemctl status x2goserver. It shows "Unit x2goserve.service could not be found."The same thing is shown even I ran that command in the second session I open with "ssh -L 4002:s001-n139:22 devcloud"

I think there is a problem with the x2go server itself.Waiting for your reply.

Best Wishes

Puneeth

qimg.png

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

One things that I can think of is related to MobaXterm.

Did you managed to have 2 tabs open? One tab to login to the compute node.

And another is to open the port to allow access from x2GO.

That might be the possible gap, hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
puneeth714
Beginner

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel,

Actually, I am not using Mobaxterm, I am on a Linux desktop environment, so I don't think I should use MobaXterm(according to intel dev cloud docs). And I have opened two tabs, One tab to login to the compute node. And another is to open the port to allow access from x2GO.

Best Wishes

Puneeth

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

Noted that you are on the linux, in that case no mobaxterm are needed.
However the two tabs are still required and would suggest to check on the follow.
Attached my terminal (mobaxterm) as references:

BoonBengT_Intel_1-1659364200223.pngBoonBengT_Intel_2-1659364204185.pngBoonBengT_Intel_3-1659364215847.pngBoonBengT_Intel_4-1659364247136.png

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

Hope that helps to clarify on your situation.

Please do keep us posted.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

Greetings, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @puneeth714,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification/updates on the matter, hence would assume challenge are overcome, and will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos