Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1644 Discussions

Why decoding video with hardware acceleration is still slow on the devcloud

miserablefaith
Beginner

i use sample_decode to decode an av1 video on devcloud, but it took a long time(almost 100 seconds) to decode. The size of this av1 video is 2MB.

when i run sample_decode on my linux, it takes just 6 seconds. i don't know why? Can someone please tell me?

miserablefaith_0-1658825352602.png

miserablefaith_1-1658825653439.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. And thank you for sharing your observations with us. We would like to have some information from you to debug your issue further.

1. Sample Code( We are assuming that you're using sample_decode from oneVPL library. If not, please provide the code and video file.
  2. Sample reproducer - the steps you've tried so that we can reproduce your issue.
  3. CMake version in your DevCloud.

And we have a quick suggestion for you: It is a known issue that iris_xe_max nodes are not working as expected and will be taken down from tomorrow i.e. 29th July, 2022. So we suggest you to try out in another gpu nodes and see if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread now. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos