Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
676 Discussions

python pip install error

W_E_Intel
Employee

Dear Devcloud admin and support

when I install any user python package i got the following error, you can use the following command to reproduce the error :

python3 -m pip install tqdm --user

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 183, in _run_module_as_main
    mod_name, mod_spec, code = _get_module_details(mod_name, _Error)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 142, in _get_module_details
    return _get_module_details(pkg_main_name, error)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 109, in _get_module_details
    __import__(pkg_name)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    from pip.utils import get_installed_distributions, get_prog
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
    from pip._vendor import pkg_resources
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3018, in <module>
    @_call_aside
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3004, in _call_aside
    f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3046, in _initialize_master_working_set
    dist.activate(replace=False)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2578, in activate
    declare_namespace(pkg)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2152, in declare_namespace
    _handle_ns(packageName, path_item)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2092, in _handle_ns
    _rebuild_mod_path(path, packageName, module)
  File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2121, in _rebuild_mod_path
    orig_path.sort(key=position_in_sys_path)
AttributeError: '_NamespacePath' object has no attribute 'sort'

thank you,

W

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please try installing the package after creating a conda environment.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Create a conda environment:

conda create -n env_name python=3.6

2. Activate the environment:

source activate env_name

3. Install the package:

python3 -m pip install tqdm --user

If the issue still persists please let us know.

Thanks

W_E_Intel
Employee

hello AThiraM,

I tried your steps but received same error, Is there any solution without using conda ?

thank you, I appreciate your help!

regards,

W

AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

You can activate the oneAPI environment before installing the package.

Please find the below command to activate the oneAPI environment:

source /opt/intel/inteloneapi/setvars.sh

Please make sure that the python used is "/glob/development-tools/versions/oneapi/beta09/inteloneapi/intelpython/latest/bin/python" using "which python" command.

Also you can try to install the tqdm package using conda:

conda install -c conda-forge tqdm

If the issue still persists please share your user id and give us the permission to access your DevCloud account. We will inform the concerned team.

Thanks.

AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update? Is your issue resolved?

Thanks.

AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, we wont be monitoring this thread. If you need further assistance, please post a new thread.

Thanks.

W_E_Intel
Employee

Hello Athira,

the system still report the same error.

I found there are some solutions for the same problem on the following links :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47955397/pip3-error-namespacepath-object-has-no-attribute-sort

https://github.com/googleapis/google-cloud-python/issues/2990

I don't have privilege to the system to try these solutions 

thank you for your help and support.