Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1783 Discussions

turbovnc connection failed

melissaa
Beginner

i got error while connecting turbovnc, channel 5: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Could you please let us know which DevCloud you're using? Is it Intel DevCloud for oneAPI/Edge/FPGA?

Are you following this document(https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/rendering-toolkit-for-linux/)? If yes, please let us know in which step you're getting the above error. If not, please try the given document and let us know if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
melissaa
Beginner
Intel® oneAPI Rendering Toolkit, yes I am following that document
0 Kudos
melissaa
Beginner

melissaa_0-1663039718661.png

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We could reproduce your issue.

AlekhyaV_Intel_1-1663153084755.png

Please find our observations below:

We are assuming that your devcloud config file doesn't have the below part. If you do not have, please add this to your config file(path: <mobaxterm/cygwin installed path>/.ssh/config)

# SSH Tunnel config

################################################################################################

Host *.aidevcloud

User uXXXXX

IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-XXXXX.txt

ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud nc %h %p

LocalForward 5022 localhost:22

LocalForward 5901 localhost:5901

################################################################################################

After adding, please follow the below steps:

1) In first terminal,

ssh devcloud
qsub -I -l nodes=1:renderkit:ppn=2
/opt/TurboVNC/bin/vncserver -otp

You will be connected to a compute node(let's assume you have connected to s001-n145 node) and A one-time OTP will be generated.

2) In second terminal,

ssh s001-n145.aidevcloud

3) After you are connected to the compute node is the second terminal too, Open turbo VNC viewer and enter

localhost:1

Click on connect. Enter the OTP that was generated from your first terminal in the password field and click enter.

AlekhyaV_Intel_3-1663153167642.png

Please let us know if the issue still persists. If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This helps others with similar issue. Thank you.

Regards,

Alekhya

sagar121
Beginner

i already have all those set in my config but i still get

channel 5: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused

config:

# oneAPI DevCloud SSH config
Host devcloud
User u2xxxx
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-2xxxx.txt
ProxyCommand ssh -T -i ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-21xxx.txt guest@ssh.devcloud.intel.com

Host devcloud.proxy
User u21xxxx
Port 4022
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-21xxxxtxt
ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud-via-proxy

# If you must route outgoing SSH connection via a corporate proxy,
# replace PROXY_HOSTNAME and PORT below with the values provided by
# your network administrator.
Host devcloud-via-proxy
User guest
Hostname ssh.devcloud.intel.com
LocalForward 4022 c009:22
ProxyCommand nc -x PROXY_HOSTNAME:PORT %h %p

# DevCloud VSCode config
Host devcloud-vscode
UserKnownHostsFile /dev/null
StrictHostKeyChecking no
Hostname localhost
User xxxxx
Port 5022

# SSH Tunnel config
Host *.aidevcloud
User u21xxx
IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-2xxx.txt
ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud nc %h %p
LocalForward 5022 localhost:22
LocalForward 5901 localhost:5901

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
PanthoMashreky
Beginner

Hello Alekhya,

My

# SSH Tunnel config ################################################################################################ Host *.aidevcloud User uXXXXX IdentityFile ~/.ssh/devcloud-access-key-XXXXX.txt ProxyCommand ssh -T devcloud nc %h %p LocalForward 5022 localhost:22 LocalForward 5901 localhost:5901 ################################################################################################

is added but i got this same message of error its not working why??

Thanks.

0 Kudos