Intel® Developer Cloud
Help connecting to or getting started on Intel® Developer Cloud
196 Discussions

What happened to the free tier?

mattish91
Beginner

As the title says, what happened to the free tier? 

I just saw a youtube video about the free tire bing able to create a vm for learning AI model training and created an account, but it forces me to add a payment now, it didn't require this in the video i just watched, uploaded 6 days ago. 

Any ways, as im trying to learn more about AI and the requirements to run it on GPU/CPU this would be a great tool to get some information. Or at least so i thought

Any way to get started for free as im learning?

mattish91_1-1720828609419.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ezza_Intel

Hi mattish91,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For your information, there are currently no free instances available for the Standard tier in the Intel® Developer Cloud Console. Previously, we did have it in the Beta version, but once the system is fully migrated to Intel® Developer Cloud Console, we no longer provide a free version, for instance.

However, we would suggest you access the JupyterHub Batch Processing instances, which both Standard and Premium accounts can access without any payment needed.

1. Go to https://console.cloud.intel.com/.
  2. On the IDC console home page, click on the graduation hat icon. (Bottom left-side) 
  3. On the Training and Workshops page, click on Launch JupyterLab. (Top right-side) 
  4. It will take a few minutes to launch Jupyter Hub during the first launch. 
  5. The Jupyter Hub will pop up in the new tab.

Regards,

Ezza

0 Kudos
Ezza_Intel

Hi mattish91,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Ezza

0 Kudos