Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

Installing Packages where some of Subspackages are already installed

brittany_a_
Beginner

I downloaded the beta today and am trying to install the thinkx module using pip (its found on pypi here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/thinkx/1.1.2)  It uses scipy, numpy, pandas, mathplotlib.  However the module uses scipy 0.18 and it  keeps wanting to upgrade the scipy version I have. I have the .py files for the submodules not installed. Is there any other way I can get around this?

My python is in PATH, and I followed instructions.  I have no trouble running tests for the included modules.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Brittany,

This issue in the beta version seems to be solved in the latest available version.

I had to work with the thinkx module and the installation worked without issues in Intel Distribution for Python 2017 Update 2

The following are the results of installing thinkx with pip:

Building wheels for collected packages: thinkx, markdown
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for thinkx ... done
  Stored in directory: C:\Users\gaston\AppData\Local\pip\Cache\wheels\18\52\1f\0234215f864567ceb7de87431093ae565de2cf00ebf5fd8471
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for markdown ... done
  Stored in directory: C:\Users\gaston\AppData\Local\pip\Cache\wheels\85\a7\08\33ee5cd488d0365d8bed79d1d4e5c28dd3fbfc7f6d0ad4bb09
Successfully built thinkx markdown
Installing collected packages: markdown, thinkx
Successfully installed markdown-2.6.8 thinkx-1.1.2

0 Kudos