Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

Intel Python 2.7 for Windows, update 2 install

gwf
Beginner

After installing Intel Python 2017 update 2 (version 2.7), "activate" script in c:\IntelPython27\Scripts does not run. Inside I see:

C:\IntelPython27\Scripts>more activate.bat
@echo off
call "C:\TCAgent1\tools\Miniconda3\Scripts\activate" %*

Is there a problem with the installer (hard-coded install path)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi gwf,

The path is hardcoded. I had to install the same version you are using on Windows 10 and I can see the contents for activate.bat with the same hardcoded path you mention.

In fact I have no folder C:\TCAgent1 in my computer.

The deactivate.bat file has the same problem.

Intel staff monitors this forum and they should get this bug solved in the next release.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

All the scripts in the pkgs\conda-4.2.12-py27_intel_0\Scripts folder have a wrong hardcoded path. For example, the activate file includes the following code (not for Windows, but with a Windows path):

#!/usr/bin/env bash
source C:\TCAgent1\tools\Miniconda3\Scripts\activate "$@"

The deactivate file has the following code (again, not for Windows but with a Windows path):

#!/usr/bin/env bash
source C:\TCAgent1\tools\Miniconda3\Scripts\deactivate "$@"

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

I've created a new thread with a bug report with specific information about this issue, just to make sure Intel monitors it and can provide a solution to this issue or a patch in a future release: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-distribution-for-python/topic/721590

I've provided additional information in the related thread. We will have a response very soon.

0 Kudos
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

gwf, Gaston,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, you can install an updated conda package from the default channel on anaconda.org:

<path_to_install_dir>\Scripts\conda install conda=4.2.12=py27_0

That command will replace the existing "conda" package with the same version from the "defaults" channel, which does not have the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Todd

0 Kudos