Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.

intel python3 spyder

ThomasL
Beginner

Installed fresh Intel parallel studio cluster edition update 2 ( parallel_studio_xe_2020.2.108)

on a sles12 SP5 system.

Installed spyder ( 4.1.5) from the intel repo with pip without errors. pip check has no errors.

but calling spyder3 gives the following error:

/opt/sdev/intel_20/intelpython3/bin/python: relocation error: /opt/sdev/intel_20/intelpython3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/Qt/plugins/platforms/../../lib/libQt5DBus.so.5: symbol dbus_message_get_allow_interactive_authorization, version LIBDBUS_1_3 not defined in file libdbus-1.so.3 with link time reference

PyQt5 5.12.3 is installed.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rachel_O_Intel

Hi Thomas,

I am the engineer who will be investigating your problem.

From the output error, it seems that Intel Python does not like how, or where, you installed Spyder. I am going to assume the first one.

Can you try removing your installation of spyder (pip uninstall <packagename>), then use "conda install -c intel spyder"? Add "spyder3" instead if you need to. This will install Spyder through Intel's Anaconda channel. Since Spyder is very popular with anaconda, this should work. Let me know if you do not have Anaconda installed with Intel Python.

See if this installation will work, if not please follow up.

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Kudos
ThomasL
Beginner

Hi just installed l_pythoni3_p_2020.4.912 as suggested in my thread.

but issue is still the same.

regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Rachel_O_Intel

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I was able to reproduce this error as well (I tried it when 2020.4 was released). A bug report has been submitted and the engineers have been notified to fix this issue. 

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Kudos