Intel® Distribution for Python*
Engage in discussions with community peers related to Python* applications and core computational packages.
424 Discussions

pip3 install intel-numpy has done, but still fails to import numpy

zhu__mario
Beginner

I have installed intel-numpy by comand: pip3 intall intel-numpy, and i never installed any other numpy before this,

then run command: pip3 show intel-numpy, it shows below information:

Name: intel-numpy
Version: 1.15.1
Summary: NumPy optimized with Intel(R) MKL library
Home-page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/empowering-science-with-high-performance-python
Author: Intel Corporation
Author-email: scripting@intel.com
License: Proprietary - Intel
Requires: icc-rt, mkl-random, mkl, tbb4py, mkl-fft
Required-by: mkl-random, mkl-fft

Maybe it turns out that intel-numpy has been installed successfully,

but when entering python3 console, run command: import numpy as np, it show the below information:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'numpy'

Could you give me some help about this issue?

Thanks

Mario

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Todd_T_Intel
Employee

Mario,

Please send the output of pip3 list so I can see what else is in the environment. Also, did you install any other packages after the "pip3 install intel-numpy" command?

Todd

0 Kudos
Krunal_Lathiya
Beginner

This is a common problem if you install numpy versions with intermixed pip and numpy dependencies in an environment.  Can you post your conda list and conda info output for me to look at if you are using conda?

It may be possible that ip has not collected one of the dependencies right then.  You'll need to remove the packages from /site-packages/numpy/ and try to again install Numpy.  Multiarray is a common failure in NumPy if the installation fails to install correctly.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
MilanPatel
Beginner

It may be possible that ip has not collected one of the dependencies right then.  You'll need to remove the packages from /site-packages/numpy/ and try to again Here is Guide to install numpy Multiarray is a common failure in NumPy if the installation fails to install correctly.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos