Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

API compatibility

gb8
New Contributor I

Hi.

Thanks for good work.

I am testing OpenVINO, and have done basic demos, command line demo and notebook successfully.

Now I am  testing open model zoo demos in the notebook.

Basic difference seems,

- 'openvino.inference_engine.IECore' in open model zoo demo script.

- 'openvino.runtime.Core' in notebook.

So following functions such as load, compile etc. should be changed for all the scripts.

is there any convenient workaround to manage that ?

And if there are more things to take care of, please let me know.

Thanks.

Gb8

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@gb8  there is "old" OpenVINO API, before 2022.1 release and starting from 2022.1 release a "new" API introduced in OpenVINO. Note, 2022.1 still support "old" API too. So using 2022.1 runtime libraries you should be able to build both demos from previous release (which obviously use "old" API) and demo which developed with using new API. Starting from 2022.1 release Open Model Zoo demos were migrated to new API (note, OMZ now not part of OpenVINO install package, so you need to clone OMZ from github repository).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@gb8  there is "old" OpenVINO API, before 2022.1 release and starting from 2022.1 release a "new" API introduced in OpenVINO. Note, 2022.1 still support "old" API too. So using 2022.1 runtime libraries you should be able to build both demos from previous release (which obviously use "old" API) and demo which developed with using new API. Starting from 2022.1 release Open Model Zoo demos were migrated to new API (note, OMZ now not part of OpenVINO install package, so you need to clone OMZ from github repository).

gb8
New Contributor I

OK. I see.

I will check it out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi gb8,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided the information. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos