Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Access Violation With Multiple Executable Networks and Single Inference Engine Core

kes
Novice

Hello all. I am getting an access violation when I call the CreateInferRequest() function of ExecutableNetwork before inference is performed. I am using one InferenceEngine::Core, reading the network, then I create multiple executable networks in separate threads (> 2). At different points during execution, the access violation occurs at the location highlighted in the attached image.AccessViolationLocation.PNG

According to the OpenVINO documentation for InferenceEngine::Core::LoadNetwork, "Users can create as many networks as they need and use them simultaneously (up to the limitation of the hardware resources)" but this issue leads me to believe that this is not the case. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. I am using OpenVINO version 2021.2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kes
Novice

I was able to solve this issue simply by not sharing the CNNNetwork, although another cryptic crash occurs for which I'll create another post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

any chance for you to try this on the latest OpenVINO version? The latest version might have the fix.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
kes
Novice

@Iffa_Intel I am in the process of incorporating 2021.4 to see if that fixes the issue. I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Noted.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
kes
Novice

I was able to solve this issue simply by not sharing the CNNNetwork, although another cryptic crash occurs for which I'll create another post.

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Glad to hear that you had solved the issue.

Referring to the OpenVINO samples application that uses multiple networks might help too.

One of it is the Interactive Face Detection: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/omz_demos_interactive_face_detection_demo_cpp.html

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos