Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

App crashes when running samples

Nowak__Michał
Beginner

Hello. I tried to run segmentation_sample with dilation10_cityscapes on Movidius stick. With a FP16 precision segmentation_sample returns some errors:
E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventReceive:291      dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -1 | event 0x7f416a4bdeb0 USB_WRITE_RESP

E: [xLink] [         0] eventReader:249 eventReader stopped
E: [xLink] [         0] eventSchedulerRun:581   Scheduler thread stopped
E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherWaitEventComplete:680 waiting is timeout, sending reset remote event
info: /home/jenkins/workspace/icv-fathom/master/mdk_centos7_all/src/common/components/XLink/shared/XLinkDispatcher.c:616: E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncGraphAllocate:1084  Can't read input tensor descriptors of the graph, rc: X_LINK_TIMEOUT
info: /home/jenkins/workspace/icv-fathom/master/mdk_centos7_all/src/common/components/XLink/shared/XLink.c:1045: info: /home/jenkins/workspace/icv-fathom/master/mdk_centos7_all/src/common/components/XLink/shared/XLink.c:1045: info: /home/jenkins/workspace/icv-fathom/mast
er/mdk_centos7_all/src/common/components/XLink/shared/XLink.c:1315: [ ERROR ] Failed to allocate graph: NC_TIMEOUT

Myriad works well with other samples, for example classification_sample.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nowak__Michał
Beginner

Same error happens on different machine with fresh Ubuntu 16.04

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

What Version of OpenVINO are you using, did you load the USB rules, and what is the command line string that you are using?

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Michal, 

I was able to reproduce your issue. I'll let you know about the resolution status.

Best wishes, 

Anna

0 Kudos
Holmberg__Lord_Ulf_H

I get a kind of this errors on my gaming station.
AMD Threadripper CPU
nVIDIA GPU 1080 TI
VPU Movidius stick

F: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventReceive:318 Duplicate id detected.
WinUsb_WritePipe: System err 995

WinUsb_WritePipe failed with error:=995
WinUsb_ReadPipe: System err 2E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventSend:892       2Write failed event -2

E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventReceive:308 WdispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -2 | event 000000FB0DFFF9D0 USB_CREATE_STREAM_REQ
inUsb_WritePipe: System err 22

E: [xLink] [         0] eventReader:254    eventReader stopped

WinUsb_WritePipe failed with error:=22
E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventSend:873    Write failed header -2 | event USB_CREATE_STREAM_RESP

WinUsb_WritePipe: System err 22

WinUsb_WritePipe failed with error:=22
E: [xLink] [         0] dispatcherEventSend:873    Write failed header -2 | event USB_CREATE_STREAM_RESP

E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncGraphAllocate:1227       Can't read input tensor descriptors of the graph, rc: X_LINK_ERROR
E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncFifoDestroy:2672 Failed to write to fifo before deleting it!
E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncFifoDestroy:2672 Failed to write to fifo before deleting it!
[ ERROR ] Failed to allocate graph: NC_ERROR
Error

*** SOLVED ***
Switched USB port, something weird with my ports on the front side, the other USB works as it should.

0 Kudos
Fassio__Alberto
Beginner

Hi, same problem also swithing USB3 port.

Any idea?

0 Kudos