Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Bug: setupvar.sh Error for 2021.1

Ray_Lo_Intel
Employee

I am getting this error when I run the setupvars.sh command in 2021.1 release in Mac OSX. 

rlo@rlo-mac01 ~ % source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh

[setupvars.sh] ERROR: Can not find OpenVINO Python module for python3.7 by path /Users/python/python3.7

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ray_Lo_Intel
Employee

I think it has to do with this command, and now the workaround is to set BASE_DIR manually. 

BASE_DIR="/opt/intel/openvino_2021"

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_macos.html#set-the-environment-variables

SCRIPT_DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" >/dev/null 2>&1 && pwd )"
BASE_DIR="$( dirname "$SCRIPT_DIR" )"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_Lo_Intel
Employee

I think it has to do with this command, and now the workaround is to set BASE_DIR manually. 

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.1/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_macos.html#set-the-environment-variables

SCRIPT_DIR="$( cd "$( dirname "${BASH_SOURCE[0]}" )" >/dev/null 2>&1 && pwd )"
BASE_DIR="$( dirname "$SCRIPT_DIR" )"

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Raymond,

We don't see the issue during the environment setup with OpenVINO 2021.1 even though the directory changed to /opt/intel/openvino_2021, but we glad that you are able to fix it now. Can you share which Python version you are using and how you installed it.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos