Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

[CLDNN ERROR]. clGetPlatformIDs error -1001 - When using Integrated GPU

K__Dhruv
Beginner

I'm running the benchmark app file as

python3 benchmark_app.py -m ~/model.xml -d gpu

This is the stack trace I get -

[Step 1/11] Parsing and validating input arguments
[ WARNING ]  -nstreams default value is determined automatically for a device. Although the automatic selection usually provides a reasonable performance, but it still may be non-optimal for some cases, for more information look at README. 
[Step 2/11] Loading Inference Engine
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
         API version............. 2.1.37988
[ ERROR ] Failed to create plugin /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libclDNNPlugin.so for device GPU
Please, check your environment
[CLDNN ERROR]. clGetPlatformIDs error -1001
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "benchmark_app.py", line 40, in main
    version = benchmark.get_version_info()
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/python/python3.6/openvino/tools/benchmark/benchmark.py", line 52, in get_version_info
    for device, version in self.ie.get_versions(self.device).items():
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 105, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.get_versions
RuntimeError: Failed to create plugin /opt/intel/openvino_2020.1.023/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libclDNNPlugin.so for device GPU
Please, check your environment
[CLDNN ERROR]. clGetPlatformIDs error -1001

My system doesn't have a dedicated GPU, I'm trying to use the Integrated GPU - Intel® HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2).

Before this, I already ran sudo apt-get install ocl-icd-opencl-dev to install opencl

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesusE_Intel

Hi Dhruv,

Thanks for reaching out, did you follow the additional Steps for Intel® Processor Graphics (GPU) and source the environment variables?

source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh

If you continue to see the error, could you try to run the benchmark_app demo script as follows?

cd /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/demo
./demo_benchmark_app.sh -d GPU

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos