Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

CVAT: Cannot upload annotation files larger than 1 MB (413 Request Entity Too Large)

ninafiona
Beginner

I sucessfully created a task with 750 images and now want to upload an annotation file (COCO) that is of file size 1.2MB. I get the following error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 413 ()
cvat-app.tsx:262 Error: Request failed with status code 413. "<html>\r\n<head><title>413 Request Entity Too Large</title></head>\r\n<body>\r\n<center><h1>413 Request Entity Too Large</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>nginx/1.21.6</center>\r\n</body>\r\n</html>\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n<!-- a padding to disable MSIE and Chrome friendly error page -->\r\n".

I tried removing some annotations which shrunk the file size to 800kB and then the upload succeeded. How can I upload larger files?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hairul_Intel

Hi ninafiona,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use API to upload large file size.

Please refer to the following GitHub thread which discusses uploading annotation files using API.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi ninafiona,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a suggestion. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
ninafiona
Beginner

Unfortunately, this solution hasn't worked for me yet, but i will post another update if it does.

Are there any other users with this problem? Is it known that it is only possible to upload a certain file size via the GUI?

I wanted to try using the regular CVAT server instead of the company server, but the registration is broken since there is a problem with the CVAT server it seems. 

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi ninafiona,

We do see the same intermittent issue with the CVAT server. Our development team is looking at this and we will keep you updated with the information once available.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi ninafiona,

Intel has decided to migrate its CVAT content outside of Intel under the umbrella of OpenCV, where it will continue its mission as an open source computer vision AI annotation tool with OpenVINO AI integration. The CVAT GitHub repository has also been transferred to OpenCV. 

Learn more at https://www.CVAT.aiCVAT.org will be maintained by Intel for six months, expiring February 15, 2023. Please migrate any of your data from CVAT.org to CVAT.ai during this period, after which Intel will cease supporting this website and it will go offline.

This thread will no longer be monitored since the update has been provided. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos