Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Can an NCS2 only bind to an IEPlugin?

Monica__Zhao
Beginner

Hello, can an NCS2 only bind to an IEPlugin?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest Monica,

Yes what you say is correct. Only the Myriad plugin can be used with an NCS2 stick.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Monica__Zhao
Beginner

Hello, thanks for your reply.If I want to use threads, I can only pass IEplugin between threads

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Monica, Zhao,

If you are talking about InferencePlugin  described here

It's job is Compile and Load - Use the plugin interface wrapper class InferenceEngine::InferencePlugin to call the LoadNetwork() API to compile and load the network on the device. Pass in the per-target load configuration for this compilation and load operation.

So to answer your question, yes  - you must use InferencePlugin.

Shubha

0 Kudos
Monica__Zhao
Beginner

Hello, can two neural rods be inserted into the single-core host for scheduling at the same time?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Monica,

As I mentioned in one of your other posts I don't know what neural rods are. I tried googling for this term with respect to Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning and my search came up empty. It seems like a biological term.

Anyway, if a neural nod is synonymous with model, then no - you cannot run more than 1 model per logical core (or in the case of NCS2, per shave).

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos