Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Can't load more than two models

idata
Employee

Hi Tom!

I'm using ncsdkv2 2.08.01 on Ubuntu 16.04 (virtalbox).

I found that it's impossible to use more than two models within one stick in the latest release.

The simplest way to reproduce it is to modify the birds example by adding an additional graph loading (line 449-):

#Load tiny yolo graph from disk and allocate graph via API with open(tiny_yolo_graph_file, mode='rb') as ty_file: ty_graph_from_disk = ty_file.read() ty_graph = mvnc.Graph("Tiny Yolo Graph") ty_fifo_in, ty_fifo_out = ty_graph.allocate_with_fifos(nc_device, ty_graph_from_disk) with open(tiny_yolo_graph_file, mode='rb') as ty_file: ty_1_graph_from_disk = ty_file.read() ty_1_graph = mvnc.Graph("Tiny Yolo Graph") ty_1_fifo_in, ty_1_fifo_out = ty_1_graph.allocate_with_fifos(nc_device, ty_1_graph_from_disk) #Load googlenet graph from disk and allocate graph via API with open(googlenet_graph_file, mode='rb') as gn_file: gn_graph_from_disk = gn_file.read() gn_graph = mvnc.Graph("GoogleNet Graph") gn_fifo_in, gn_fifo_out = gn_graph.allocate_with_fifos(nc_device, gn_graph_from_disk)

And when the third graph is being allocated the following error occurs:

E: [ 0] XLinkOpenStream:1035 Max streamId reached deaddead! Traceback (most recent call last): File "birds.py", line 551, in <module> sys.exit(main()) File "birds.py", line 465, in main gn_fifo_in, gn_fifo_out = gn_graph.allocate_with_fifos(nc_device, gn_graph_from_disk) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 613, in allocate_with_fifos raise Exception(Status(status)) Exception: Status.ERROR
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

@itisgrisha Thanks for reporting this. This issue is a known bug and we're working on a fix for this. Hang tight. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Tom,

I experience similar issue with > 2 graphs which used to be working on SDK 2.04.

E: [ 0] XLinkOpenStream:1035 Max streamId reached deaddead! W: [ 0] ncGraphAllocate:1008 can't open stream for graphBuffer transmission

while NCS still has plenty of space:

device.get_option(mvncapi.DeviceOption.RO_MEMORY_SIZE) Out[6]: 522059056 device.get_option(mvncapi.DeviceOption.RO_CURRENT_MEMORY_USED) Out[9]: 25682520

Could you, please, give any hint on when the fix you mentioned will be published?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@dtop We can't provide an ETA at the moment for the fix, but I can say that we are working on a release candidate at the moment. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel

Just wondering if there are any updates on the issue?

Or time of the solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel

Is the bug fixed in V2.10.01 2019-01-27
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All,

The bug has been fixed in the NCSDK version 2.10.01.01. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos