Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Cannot load semantic segmentation model to NCS from Raspbian

Stantin
Beginner

I am loading semantic-segmentation-adas-0001-fp16.xml to NCS2 from Raspbian 2 with l_openvino_toolkit_raspbi_p_2019.1.144.tgz.

And the standard segmentation_sample fails:

[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin
E: [xLink] [    441743] XLinkOpenStream:1140    Got wrong package from device, error code = X_LINK_OUT_OF_MEMORY
E: [ncAPI] [    441744] ncFifoAllocate:3093     can't open stream:  FIFO0 due to not enough memory on device
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "segmentation_demo.py", line 213, in <module>
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
  File "segmentation_demo.py", line 148, in main
    exec_net = plugin.load(network=net)
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 395, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 406, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
RuntimeError: Failed to create input FIFO: NC_OUT_OF_MEMORY
E: [ncAPI] [    451801] ncDeviceClose:1617      Device didn't appear after reboot

The smaller model road-segmentation-adas-0001.bin loaded without any problems.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Stantin,

It looks like you are on an old version -  l_openvino_toolkit_raspbi_p_2019.1.144.tgz. Please upgrade to the latest version. What you are experiencing is an out of memory error, since the NCS2 device does sometimes bump into physical memory limitations with certain huge models. The capacity to handle larger models has been greatly improved in 2019R2 though - can you try again after upgrading ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
TCame
Beginner

Hi Shubha,

I've run into the same problem with the road-segmentation-adas-0001 loading and running no worries, but the semantic-segmentation-adas-0001 model is running out of memory.

I'm running the current release of openvino raspbian 2019.3.334. Is 13MB the size limit that the NCS2 can load?

Are there any other work arounds you can sugest?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos